Chapter 70- new faces

JOON POV:

Ji Sung.

The name turns itself countless times through my head, turned over more times than I can count, hushed and quiet and not dared to be uttered at home for fear and worry that it'd draw (Y/N)'s mind to the name she'd begrudgingly and uncomfortably divulged in the first place.

She'd given us a name to help with legal representation and counsel; both for the victims and against the perpetrators we had locked up in holding cells, awaiting punishment and sentences.

But the perpetrators came from mixed backgrounds, enough of them with power and affluent family connections and wealth that should they fight against the crimes stated for them; there was the possibility though minute, that they'd walk.

And that was a possibility I refused to even entertain in the depths and dark corners of my mind.

But booking a meeting with Ji Sung is harder than anticipated; an affluent name in the legal world despite seemingly having appeared out of nowhere.

There wasn't sufficient details on his personnel file and even putting Jaebum's informants on the case, of finding out exactly who Ji Sung was, was procuring fruitless nothings. A man whose reputation preceded him, a man who'd seemingly entered the legal field out of thin air and dominated the courts, a shining record.

He worked pro-bono, was particularly selective with who he represented and even the richest names hadn't been able to buy his morality, hadn't been able to pin a price to get him to fight on their sides, to get spoilt children, dirty businessmen and corporate heads out of messy cases.

He wasn't afraid of their backlash either, of the response it might procure if he opposed them so strongly, so unwaveringly.

Didn't care for the series of incidents his files had been scattered occasionally with.

Working to your own morals often came with a price, came at a cost.

And Ji Sung seemingly unflappably paid it without care.

But to meet the man was seemingly becoming impossible, calls gone unanswered and when they had they'd been forwarded through to reception, to tedious long queues that had left my body restlessly cagey, had triggered snarls and impatient swishes of Jimin's tail, eyes glaring vehemently at the offending device as we heard yet again, he was busy.

But then... but then luck, fate, desperation seems to win out.

And a week of hounding the provided number finally bore fruit, finally gives us a man's voice warm and harried and extremely apologetic but a fixed date.

That Ji Sung will drop by at the station.

And the relief is felt by both of us, a small weight dropping off our shoulders when the phone cuts but there's a definiteness lingering.

One thing done right.

One thing resolved momentarily.

"Ji Sung is a busy man, who knew we'd be chasing after him for a single meeting." Jiminie murmurs, scent losing its sharpening edge as moments dwindle by, the almost meagre contents of the background search not bringing enlightening intel but a lack of it.

But it's something easily brushed aside, something easily smoothened over because we'd see for ourselves what sort of man Ji Sung was and whether he would be the right fit to add for the legal aspects of the case.

"Hopefully he's useful, I don't think I can stand another interrogation without tearing my claws through their faces." I groan out, the agitated, angry growl rumbling in the back of my throat.