Chapter 35- running and stumbling

KOOK POV:

"Hyung (Y/N) isn't in her room....again!" I call as I step back out, failing to have spotted her in the room, blankets folded neatly and untouched. Too sorted out and clean for her to have slipped out recently. The sheets are cold.

But my lips quirk up into a smile as I close the door to her room behind me.

Not the first time since her post-heat that she'd not been in her room. She'd taken to waking up early but had ended up drifting off in one of the two living rooms, curled around a cushion. And at times she hadn't been alone, had been kept company by a fox curled up either against her stomach, tail moving sleepily and small black nose pressed to her collarbone. And sometimes he was just a curled-up circle on the pillow beside her, head tucked behind his tail.

On that occasion I couldn't help but creeping close to lightly brush my fingers through the soft fluffy tail or the back of drooped orange ears. I'd gotten a sleepy chirp for that and a nibble to the tips of my fingers, fangs scraping ever so slightly before he'd uncurled. Tail swishing behind him energetically before he'd pounced off the bed and onto me, my hands darting to scoop him up. Giggling at the sensation of a slightly cold nose pressing to the side of my cheek and chirping as he snuffled.

It had been giggles that had awoken (Y/N), face rising off the pillow and a sleepy smile tugging at her lips.

"Morning Jungkookie." Voice laced with dredges of fatigue as she'd clambered out of bed.

The scent of sweet florals teasing at my nose as she'd brushed past with clothes gathered to her chest as she headed out.

My lips tugging up at the sudden chirp Jiminie hyung gave in my arms as he wriggled, tail swishing before hopping down and rushing out the hallway, paws pattering against the ground.

But she wasn't here right now.

"Reckon she's already up? Maybe she's with the others already." Jin hyung calls back from the open bathroom door, wings rumpled and damp, glistening with water from his shower.

"Maybe...I wouldn't be surprised. Everything settles back to normal today doesn't it? She goes back to work, we're going to the bakery, hyungs will be back at the station." I say, leaning against the doorway and ears perking up as I see his eyes meet mine in the reflection of the steamed glass, generous plump lips curved wide and eyes sparkling.

So in love with the sight of his smile, of the way his wings flapped, droplets casting onto the ground as they shake off the final dredges of water from them, some catching me across the face, nose scrunching instinctively.

"True...well in that case I can't let anyone go without a proper breakfast. (Y/N)'s been snacking more than she has sat down for proper meals these past few days." He laments, spinning around and striding out, hand darting out to tilt my chin up and press a burning kiss to my mouth.

"Come on bun. Breakfast, I'm hungry. And this time it's not you." he whispers before stepping aside, trailing tip of his wing teasing against my side before he walks away humming.

Leaving me flaming cheeked and pressed against the doorway before I shake myself out of it.

Breakfast.

Breakfast is an interesting affair. Because (Y/N) isn't there. Not immediately anyways. And when Jiminie hyung hears Jin hyung call out for her, all bright and cheerful, expecting her to be there, he perks up.

Eyes narrowed and curious, head tilted as his tail swishes.

Mint scent going sharp as he contemplates it, fangs poking against his bottom lip as his eyes drift over the doorway and the windows.