Chapter 51- entangled sheets

(Y/N) POV:

Sleep slips in and out of reach. Body slowly beginning to wake up, eyes drifting, trying to chase the faint dredges of dreamless sleep but it slips past touch, evades capture. There's a soft rumble reverberating against my skin, head buried against soft, firm warmth, curled towards the sound, chasing after it and the scent of soft, heavy earthy musk, sinking under the protective embrace of the arm slung over my hip, the head tucked over mine, warm skin pressing to my waist. There's a small wriggle, a sleepy muffled chirp that cuts through the content haze, my fingers involuntarily curling and unfurling, drifting across soft, worn fabric and gripping at it. Shifting closer to it.

My nose chases out the earthy scent, brushing against skin and body relaxing, unconsciously loosening all at once, when I find his scent gland; the small, raised bump of skin that I burrow closer to, inhaling the sleepy rich pheromones; imbued with protective authority and safety. Ears flickering against the side of his face, a small sleepy growl as he shifts, moving and leg shifting, brushing against mine, curled over my calf.

A small nuzzle as his head dips, nose brushing against my temple slow and unhurried and a soft light exhale.

Hand shifting off my waist, small chirps before a soft weight clambers over me and settles beside me, a nose pressing to my throat and snuffling sleepily, small licks that have me squirming, sleep and alertness warring before I blink my eyes open, vision hazy and blurry before it focuses on the neckline of a shirt, face tucked close to Joon's scent gland. Leaning back with a small yawn, eyes fluttering open and shut before they drift down to see a fox tucked up against me, nosing contentedly at my throat, sleepy throaty chirps and languid swishes of his tail. My fingers flutter over his fur before sinking into the orange warmth, scratching lightly, eyes slowly drifting back to the large alpha, drinking in the sleepy gaze fixed on me; warm and pleased.

"Morning pup."

My lips curve up.

Hand drifting away from orange fur to brush against his jaw gently.

"Morning Joon."

His eyes crease, hair rumpled and ears flickering as he looks at me.

"Go back to sleep." He murmurs, cheek smushed against the pillow, gaze drifting to the slumbering fox, a hand running from between his ears and down his back.

I twist back slightly, sheets twisting and brushing against skin where the shirt had ridden up, where Joon's hand had weighed against it; the feel of his palm and fingers still a ghost sensation grazing across skin.

"I can't. Not tired anymore." I mumble, feeling the soft chirp; indignant and sleepy, peer back to see a sleepy fox blink at me, pawing at my shirt to try coax me close once more. Ears flickering and droopy with sleep.

"I don't think pup wants to let you go." Joon huffs, lightly scratching the back of Minnie's ears, coaxing out a sleepy whine, chirping dolefully, pawing at my shirt, nosing at my throat when he curls closer.

"Sleepy baby. I've got to get up at some point Minnie... I doubt Tae's going to let me. I'm his painting partner today." I say softly, thumb rubbing a line between his eyes and down to the tip of his nose, gently booping it.

He scrabbles, paws slipping over the sheets and bed in haste, clambering onto me and perching on my torso, sleepy stare focused on me. Head dipping to nuzzle at my jaw, chirps brushed against skin, soft mint curling around me as his paws slip and brush against my chest and throat.

Stay.

That's what the pawing and scenting and nuzzling say.

Stay.