Chapter 36- fluttering hearts

(A dream is a wish your heart makes...and I wanted to fulfil this dream of yours Midiiplier darling. So just like you dreamed! Here is a surprise update on MONDAY just because of you~)

TAE POV:

Jin hyung and Kookie are the first ones back, a bright call of Kookie's voice ringing through the apartment as he bounds in, bearing boxed baked treats in his hands that he sets down on the kitchen table. Ears perking up when he spots the two of us in the living room and rushes over, playful and flitty as he whirls to Yoongi hyung, gives the lightest nuzzle at his temple and rushes away before hyung can realise what's happened, giggling at the hand that swipes out but fails to reel in an energetic bunny. 

The rest return as a group at night, splitting off to get changed, a comfort in seeing them all return home, to see a completed pack, to see our scents merging and mingling, brushing against each other in greeting and intertwining as they came to settle.

I watch from the sofa as (Y/N) quietly walks in, tentative and shy as she approaches Yoongi hyung, hands curled around the boxes I'd seen him diligently prepare earlier, had seen him drag himself off the couch to pack food for Hobi hyung to take for the two of them. I'd seen him carefully entrust the same boxes to Hobi hyung with a silent swish of his tail. Remembered the words he'd said as he'd given them, not quite able to meet Hobi hyung's eyes.

"Make sure she eats." And then turning away, citrus scent a bit softer, mellow and sweet as he'd padded back to sink back onto the couch, shooting me a look when I gave him a poke.

And now when she approaches him, his gaze goes almost immediately to her, soft and curious, tail swishing slightly.

"Thank you Yoongi. You didn't have to pack me lunch too." She says softly, the highs of her cheeks tinted a light pink.

He shakes his head at her, tilting his head back to look at her.

"I...wanted to. If it made you uncomfortable then I'll..." he begins, hedging carefully. Looking slightly lost and out of his depth, fumbling with his words as his scent turns a tinge sharp. Worried.

I'm rising from my reclined position but she's already shaking his head, a quick furious shake to dispel that thought from hyung's mind.

"No...no I liked it. It was really sweet of you to do Yoongi." She insists, voice light and so, so soft. It makes her anise turn soft too, a light floral teasing trail of scent that brushes against my nose.

Teasing at my senses when my head was still clouded with the ghost of her scent, sweet and thick and heavy with lingering vestiges of sleep. When I'd been unable to forget how appealing her scent had been, merged and layered with berries and citrus. With her scent trailing and brushing against mine, a light pulse of it that managed to settle on my clothes, I'd felt like I was in a bright, bursting field in the midst of summer. With her scent teasing at my mind, it had reminded me of home.

And now as Yoongi hyung looks up at her, scent softened, I see the light tug at his lips and the sudden flash in his eyes. 

"Suga sweet?" he asks.

Part tease and mischief and part curiosity.

See her lips quirk even as the pink deepens, a light dusting that coloured her cheeks.

It was a pretty colour, like the soft pink of buds before they bloom I think absently. I was sure I'd seen the same colour in the fields growing up.

"Sweeter." She whispers, her own scent seeping out from under the scent blockers, pheromones rolling off with her flustered state. But her honesty, quiet and light as it is, has Yoongi hyung's face softening and his expression turning just as flustered too.