Chapter 12- the night peace is torn away

JOON POV:

I tug Jiminie into my arms, happily curling around him and winding my arms around his chest, nose briefly brushing across the top of his head to take in a small whiff of his natural, unadulterated scent- something distinctly Jimin, and I smile when he just tilts his head to the side, exposing the soft slender curve of his throat in a clear invitation to scent, my nose and cheek rubbing against the soft skin, brushing against the glands and smiling when it releases a burst of happy pheromones, a small happy relaxed sigh slipping out his lips, relaxing further into me. On my other side, Hobi has no qualms in watching with fascination, hand reaching to brush through Jiminie's hair- the sudden sight of a hand brushing over Jiminie having me stiffen for all but one moment before my instincts recognise him as pack and relax as he gently runs his fingers through his strands of hair, his head slightly tilting into the touch.

"Does that feel good pup?" Hobi asks, voice careful and eyes attentively observing the two of us for any sort of resistance, hostility- ready to pull back at any moment, the interaction watched with unveiled curiosity and excitement by the others, though Yoongi hyung looks half a beat away from tugging him back or stepping in.

But for some odd reason the low soft tenderness that Hobi says the word 'pup' with has my inner wolf softening and a soft keening whine trying to build up inside, tail trying to wriggle and swish against the soft cushioning of the couch, restless but I know that my ears perk up slightly- feeling so happy and giddy to hear that endearment directed to me. And I also know I've been caught red-handed when Jiminie turns with a knowing smile and hides it by gently scenting my throat, tongue flicking out teasingly and I feel his lips curve as they press against my skin in a quick peck.

"Feels good Hobi hyung." Jiminie replies, scent going soft as Hobi smiles, ears curling and twisting as his face lights up with elation.

"Thanks for letting me...I think Taehyungie and Yoongi hyung are tired of being cuddled and scented." He says wryly, even as if his eyes flicker to the two, to be reassured that it isn't the case, Yoongi hyung's lips curving into a sweet smile that seems to be reserved uninhibitedly for his two younger ones, I couldn't wait until he smiled at me like that, when that ease between our initial small packs and groups occurred and those barriers vanished. I for one couldn't wait for a group cuddle pile and to scent them all, to leave traces of me behind and carry a little of them with me.

And I watch as Jin hyung almost absentmindedly pets and grooms Jungkook's fluffy ears, running fingers through the extremely soft fur and scratching at the base, not even consciously focusing on it as he did so- eyes watching the documentary that was currently playing on TV, Jungkook's eyes fluttering shut and jerking open as he tried to fight sleep, the little scrunch of his nose when he was determined to remain awake was so, so unbelievably cute.

But then there's the trilling persistent sound of a phone ringing, buzzing as it vibrates against the coffee table, shattering through that comfy haze that wrapped around us all like a warm hug, eyes blinking as the noise drew them out of their sleepy states, heads tilting and ears curving up to shelter themselves from the sound- a jarring shock to a sleepy mind. I see Jungkookie's ears droop and flop down- curving down and trying to cover themselves from the sound, Jin hyung's eyes snapping away to fuss, glaring at the offending phone.

The offending phone which turns out to be mine once Tae leans over to pluck it, one of the less entangled ones and hands it to Hobi- his hand holding it out to me.

And I sheepishly take it, murmuring an apology as I try to disentangle from the content weight of Jiminie sprawled over me and Hobi curved slightly close- a jolt of surprise and apprehension beginning to make my veins thrum when I see it's from the police station.