Chapter 32- and crashing down

JIN POV:

I groan as I step out of the bathroom, body feeling so sore, so thoroughly marked and used. I could still feel Kookie's tight grip on my hips, could still feel the sharp urgent need behind every thrust and every roll of his hips, still heard his groan needy and low in my ears, his soft glossy ears falling forward, eyes boring into mine, unable to look away as he held me to him.

The heat of the water had done wonders to ease away the soreness to a dull throb, to wash away the proof of just how much Kookie had needed me. Wings flapping and rustling, trying to get dry and shake off the water that clung to feathers.

Stepping out, knowing that it had been fine to leave Kookie for now, knowing he was with Hobi at the moment. Knowing that in the time I hadn't been keeping an eye on him the others had.

It had become some sort of desperate race to rush to whirl Kookie away any moment when the scent seeped out stronger, when it made his body simultaneously stiffen and bristle with need and he'd bolted. Scrabbled out of reach and rushed for her door.

It was pushing every packmate to be on full alert and ready to snap into action whether that was Yoongi leaping into place, sleek muscles rippling under a coat of black shiny fur at times and body blocking him off, turning him away from barrelling through, Hobi hurrying to help draw him back, his expression jolting at the hit of pheromones before he rushed to get the both of them away, managing to keep control because of the very light suppressants the centre had him on.

And now when I stepped out, the first thing I did was run my eyes carefully over the hallway. Driven to scan it for any sort of anomaly, to see if there was anything I needed to rush to slot myself into.

But it's calm.

It's quiet.

There's no franticness and that alone has my pace remaining steady, unfaltering as I pad out in search for the others.

Sighing with relief when I see Kookie asleep in our room, curled around my side of the bed, face buried into the mound of pillows. Body still and relaxed. Splayed wide.

I close the door carefully behind him. Eager to let him rest just as much.

Eager to let his body to try and settle as much as it could. To rest between the sudden ruts he was thrown into.

And when I close the door, it's to walk further down the apartment to check up on (Y/N), to see if she needed anything.

I felt failed whenever I saw the trays outside the room door, food barely touched, bottles of water empty and crushed. Felt my wings sag, weighed down whenever I heard her small sniffles, trying to be muffled behind the door, when I heard her voice waver as she responded to the questions.

No she didn't need food.

No the medicine was helping. It was lessening the pain.

Though I doubted her answers then. Not when her voice hitched, not when a whimper cut her words off and I heard her voice muffled when she spoke again.

As if her hand had clamped over her mouth to try and stifle the pain seeping out from between fingers.

But this time when I approach her bedroom, there's already a figure curled against the door, side pressed to the wood as Yoongi murmurs to her.

"(Y/N)...I know it's hard but try to eat something. It's been a few days since you've had a proper meal." Yoongi says softly.

Turns when I approach, my eyes going to the tray in his hands.

Still hot.

He must've made it just now.

"Have the others eaten lunch?" I ask.