Chapter 44- undercover feelings

TAE POV:

The sound of the door opening isn't enough usually to wake me. The sound of the door opening accompanied with soft murmurs and the heavenly sweet mix of soft citrus and anise has me blinking my eyes open, face lifting from Hobi hyung's fur, hands still cradling him close as I lift my head up from the pillow.

(Y/N)'s figure so carefully cradled and scooped up against Yoongi hyung, his black tail curling and swaying as it cuts through air, slowly walking over to the bed, eyes flickering with surprise before he smiles.

"Did we wake you kit?" he murmurs softly. I see her head rise from his shoulder, blinking down at me apologetically.

And my eyes are torn between two things all at once.

Wincing when I see the bandage, see the small scrapes on her face, knowing that the curled arms around her, holding her are for her sake, to ease her discomfort. But then my eyes drift searchingly over her face, trying to gauge if she's hurt anywhere else, sleepiness receding as the alarm spikes, makes my body lurch as my stomach twists, realising that (Y/N) had been badly hurt today. But that nervousness abates with confusion and intrigue at the sight of her dilated pupils; blown out with scent and heady want, see her lips mussed and swollen and still slick.

My head tilts.

This took a turn.

"No, no it's fine. You two smelt too yummy to not wake up to." I say with a grin, hands unconsciously tightening around Hobi hyung's shifted form, paws shifting and tail swishing as his head turns, curling away from me to blink up at the sight of the two of them too. There's a small pawing at my hands and they loosen, allow hyung to scrabble out and pad across the mattress, face scrunched with a small kitty yawn as he peers, ears twirling with excitement. And a soft mewled yowl as he stretches his paws upwards to knead at hyung's leg, tail swishing as his nose brushes against (Y/N)'s ankle, a content happy purr rumbling out when it makes her startle before a small breathless giggle escapes.

"Hob-ah let me set her down first before you swarm her...sleepy kit." Yoongi hyung says, voice a soft low tease and I watch as Hobi hyung rushes back, paws slipping on the sheets in his haste and sleepy incoordination so hyung can slowly lower (Y/N) down onto the bed, hands careful and steady, silently fussing and making sure she doesn't shift or wince in pain before he lets go, painstakingly slow as he clambers in behind her.

The moment (Y/N)'s hand reaches out, palm extended towards Hobi hyung he rushes forward, paws padding across the sheets to get to her, nosing at her skin and small kitten licks he gives to her palm, carefully tending to her bandaged hand. The sight of it makes something cold curl around me, makes a shiver dance across my spine even if the sheets are worm and with our bodies pressing close my knees brush against hers.

"When the others said you were hurt... I didn't know it was this bad." I whisper, nose picking out the underlying scent of hurt and pain under the fog of sweet contentment.

"I gave Joon and Hobi a scare when I ran out onto the road to get to Min-Junie." She says softly.

My eyes flash to Yoongi hyung, searching for stiffness and discomfort at the mention of her car accident, drawing the dots together quickly. There had been a reason Yoongi hyung hadn't shifted and Hobi hyung had. Because Yoongi hyung had been too on-edge too it means, especially if (Y/N) had been in a car accident, and needed to stay unshifted to make sure he could tend to her, to look after her. Hobi hyung on the other hand had shifted because he'd witnessed it and every instinct had been frazzled and distraught at the thought of seeing her being injured. And shifting was the only way to dull the edge of those guilty hurting instincts.