Chapter 49- weak spots

TAE POV:

The small jolt her body had made when my nose had brushed across the inside of her leg was something my mind couldn't expel. The image of the small jitter, the burst of floral anise; sweet and soft pooling with surprise, muffled under the equally fretty notes of my mates trying to nudge me back. But I couldn't forget it... tiger instincts sprawling tummy up with the realisation that she wasn't just sensitive but my nose had brushed across scent glands. Such beautifully responsive scent glands.

And even as she and hyungs move away, I tilt my head, eyeing the spot she'd been in, fighting the urge to pad back to the nest and sprawl over the sheets; to nuzzle and paw at the sheets and flop, to burrow myself into the merged scents and paw and knead at them. To fall asleep in scented sheets that (Y/N) had very contently fallen asleep in, had felt safe in because her scent had been so impossibly soft and light; a gentle lulling call that tugged my head closer, trying to wedge as close as I could to her scent gland. It'd been a conscious tug; a thread of awareness pulsing through the content haze of being shifted that I didn't want to hurt her by nuzzling at her gland over and over. I knew if I didn't have that active restraint pulsing through my biological want for her then her scent would've overtaken every particle of air; floral notes would have inevitably clung to every inch of the room.

But I allow the shift to ripple back, body easily shifting back into its usual form, body bare as I stretch, enjoying the light, weightless sensation; tugging on a pair of Hobi hyung's shorts that my hands snag as I tug open the drawer. And even as I move to leave the room, the image of the jitter dances through my mind, curling across my vision teasingly. A whisper of exactly how to make fawn fairy jitter and buckle. Perfect for scooping away.

And as I pad into the kitchen, my eyes flit to her first. Lips quirking up at the vacant seat beside her, taking my time to silently walk over to each of them, nosing and nuzzling at cheeks in greeting; scenting before my lips chase to follow, pressing a kiss to where the berry lingers and comes to settle.

Kookie's voice soft and eager makes me soften, hands lingering as they curl around him, fingers trembling with the urge to not press and cage in his slender waist when I brush a kiss across the curve of his jaw, humming as I breathe in light, soft cotton. Fresh and gentle.

And then I slip into the seat beside (Y/N), my eyes flicking to hers, lips stretching wide, tugged higher when I see the simmering confusion in them. And I know that she hasn't forgotten what had happened in the bedroom, that she's eyeing me furtively for the same reason. It makes my instincts preen, knowing that I've hit the hammer on the head, that my nose had brushed across her gland, with the way she shifts slightly.

But I don't say.

I don't say as she begins to eat breakfast, body close enough to keep her on edge; swallowing down the deep rumble when her cheeks pinken, her gaze holding mine when my head lifts, tongue wet with berries, lips stained with its juice, fingers falling to the side. There's something silent but heavy crackling, simmering unspoken between us. My instincts and biology well up, teasing and playful as I look at her, eyes flitting to her every now and then, tail seemingly unconscious in the way it sways closer to her, brushing across her ankle, curling around warm skin, teasing and drifting past before slipping away.

There's a sort of feral, primal pride in seeing the healthy content glow to her face, lips curving into a smile when Jin hyung speaks to her, her scent softening and turning bashful. A constant gnawing need to tell her exactly why I'd made the nest, what I meant by not inviting her in but bringing her into a place, a haven I'd made solely for the reason that she'd fall asleep in it; surrounded by all three of our scents. I watch as her own lips close around a strawberry, teeth sinking in, tongue flicking against the juice that stains her lips, hands curling around the glass to stop them from reaching out to tilt her chin to mine and slot our lips together to taste the sweetness of my own scent on her lips, wanting to sink my fangs against the plush rosiness of them and coax out another surprised sound similar to yesterday.