8 - The Broken Kingdom

Flashback: Camelot - Six Weeks Ago...

Mary Margaret and Lancelot were making their way through the forest together.

"You never told me what happened between you and Guinevere," Mary Margaret said.

"It's complicated. But what's happened is in the past. It doesn't matter anymore," Lancelot said.

"It does if you still love her... Do you?" Mary Margaret said.

"Yes. I'll forever love Guinevere," Lancelot said.

Camelot - Five Years Ago...

Guinevere continued to use the gauntlet to lead her and Lancelot to the dagger.

"The dagger lies beyond this door," Guinevere said.

"Stand back. We have no idea what trap remains," Lancelot said.

Guinevere drew her sword, and they both entered through a door and came out to a forest. The dagger laid in front of them, on a stand that held the same symbols as the Dark One Vault door had and black vines came from the ground and reached over the stand.

 The dagger laid in front of them, on a stand that held the same symbols as the Dark One Vault door had and black vines came from the ground and reached over the stand

"There it is. Excalibur will finally be complete," Guinevere said and went over to take the dagger, but she and Lancelot were thrown back by magic.

Rumpelstiltskin appeared, "Not exactly a sword in the stone, but it still does the trick," He giggled and noticed Guinevere's gauntlet, So, that's how you found this place, Merlin's gauntlet. That's quite a powerful object, at least for a wizard stuck in a tree," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"That dagger is Arthur's birthright, and you will surrender it to us," Guinevere said.

"So, that's King Arthur's weakness, is it? So that must make you Guinevere. Sadly, I can't give you what you want, though I might be willing to part with the next best thing, assuming, of course, you're willing to make a deal for that gauntlet," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"What's the next best thing to completing a magical sword?" Lancelot asked.

"Making it appear like it's been completed, with this," He produced a vial of sand with his magic, "Enchanted sand from the mystical Isle of Avalon. One pinch of this can 'fix' anything," Rumpelstiltskin told them.

"Even Excalibur?" Guinevere asked.

"Your husband need never know. After all, what's one little secret if it means getting your husband back? Assuming, of course, that's, uh, still what you want," Rumpelstiltskin said.