19 - Swan Song

Flashback: Storybrooke - Six Months Ago...

Emma walked into Granny's Diner and walked to the counter.

"Hey, Granny can I get two grilled cheeses and two cocoas with cinnamon to-go please?" Emma said.

"Sure thing," Granny said and wrote it down before walking to the kitchen.

Emma turned to see Henry, Alana and Neal in a booth looking at a newspaper, "I don't know... It looks small," Alana said.

"Small? We can't get a castle," Neal said.

"That would be cool," Henry said.

"I'm not wanting a castle, I bet a so-called Princess but a castle is not my idea of a home," Alana said.

"Alright, so no two-bedroom apartments then," Neal said.

"I'm sorry, I'm fussy," Alana said.

Emma walked over, "Everything okay?" Emma asked.

"Hey, Em, yeah... We're just... We're just..." Alana said.

"Going to break our mom's heart?" Emma asked.

"...Yeah," Alana said.

"Well, if someone had to move out, it would be you two," Emma said.

"What's that meant to mean?" Alana asked.

"You're never afraid to take the first step," Emma said.

"We both that's a lie, Em... What's up?" Alana said.

"It's nothing," Emma said.

"And that's a lie," Alana stood up, she gestured to the jukebox and they both walked over, "What's up?" Alana said as she put in a quarter into the jukebox and pushed a button to play a song.

"It's silly," Emma said.

"I'm your sister, whatever you say to me, I promise I won't judge," Alana said.

"It's just... Since Regina told Robin to go, she's not been the same," Alana looked at her, "Which is obvious, but... We've been working together to find the Author, and I don't know..." Emma said.

"You thought you'd be closer to her by now?" Alana said.

"Yeah... Told you, it's stupid... I'm nothing compared to true love," Emma said.

"You never know Em... Don't stop, you never know what will happen," Alana said.

"Emma, your order!" Granny called out.

"Lana, ready to go?" Neal asked.

"Yeah," Alana looked at Emma, "It'll be okay, promise," Alana said and walked over to Neal.

Emma walked to the counter, getting her order then walked out and headed to a squad car.

"Don't give up, Em," Emma turned to Alana who was stood with Henry and Neal, "It's not your style. Remember, it's okay to be forward," Alana said.