23 - Labor of Love

In Hades' underground prison, Emma was unconscious in a small space, she suddenly gasped as she woke up. She heard screaming in the distance and she grimaced in pain, she rolled over onto her hands and knees, her right eye was bruised, a cut above her left eye, the left eye was swollen, scratches on her cheeks and her face covered mostly in blood.

"What the hell? Is this a trick?" Emma questioned and grunted as she pushed herself onto her feet, she went to step off the small platform.

"Stop," Emma turned to see a young woman in a nearby platform, "That's exactly what it is... A trick. Don't move. He wants you to think you can escape, but... You can't. No one can," She said.

"Yeah, well, we'll see about that," Emma said and she took a step off the platform

"Don't! He'll hunt you down," She said.

"Hades has already done his worst to me," Emma said.

"I don't mean Hades," She said.

"There's more? Fantastic... Even in death, a Saviour doesn't get a vacation... So, who else?" Emma said.

The young woman shook her head, "No. Just don't," She said.

"Look, this isn't my first villain, and it won't be my last. I'm not gonna sit around and rot. Now, somebody's come down here to save me, and I need to make their job easier," Emma said.

"How do you know they're here?" She asked.

"They got me a message," Emma said.

"How do you know that wasn't one of Hades' tricks?" She asked.

"Because I know. When you got a deep bond with someone, you know. Now, what's keeping us in here?" Emma asked.

"Something you don't want to face," She said.

"Well, I'll be the judge of that," She stepped off the platform and grunted, "Time to go," Emma said as she limped towards her.

"Are you mad?" She asked.

"Probably," She held her hand out for her, "But I'm the best chance you have. Here. Come on," The girl whimpered before she took Emma's hand and stood up, "You ready? Alright, go. Go!" Emma said.

The two began running from the room they were in and instantly a beast was heard growling down one of the corridors. 

The girl was clearly scared and panicking, "I told you we'll never make it," She said.

Emma stopped her, "We won't... But you will. I'll draw the hell beasts away. You run. And once you're free, find Alana Swan and Regina Mills. I'm Emma Swan. Tell them to find me," Emma said.

The young woman nodded, "Okay," She said.

"Go!" Emma said.

The young woman ran away as Emma turned back to where the growling was coming from, and from the shadows, Emma saw a three-headed dog approach her.