26 - Devil's Due

Emma was being lowered closer to the pool of the River of Lost Souls when Alana, Neal, Amy and Killian ran in.

"Emma!" Alana shouted as she saw her being lowered some more.

"Oh my God," Amy said.

"Wait here," Alana said as she saw the narrow beam leading to the platform.

"Lana..." Neal said.

"I'll be back, I promise," Alana stepped on the beam, "Hang on! I'm coming, Emma," Alana said.

Amy, Neal and Killian watched as Alana always along the narrow beam, Alana breathed heavily and steady as she crossed

Amy, Neal and Killian watched as Alana always along the narrow beam, Alana breathed heavily and steady as she crossed. Alana almost stumbled and fell, Neal's eyes widened and stepped forward but saw Alana regaining her balance. She got onto the platform, just as Emma was about fall into the water, she reached out for her and pulled her to safety, helping her to sit up.

"I got you!" Alana looked at her sister bloodied and bruised face, "Oh, Emma..." Alana said.

Emma looked at her, "I told you to let me go. You shouldn't be here. Nobody should," Emma said weakly.

"I never listen," Alana said tearfully.

Emma gave her a small smile, "You're impossible," Emma said.

"I've been called worse," Alana said.

"I know," Emma said.

Alana chuckled softly before hugging, "You're safe now," Alana said.

Back at the boat, Mr Gold, Milah and Delilah were waiting for the others to return with Emma

"So... You're married now. That's real," Milah said.

"Look, about your, uh, unfinished business..." Mr Gold said.

"As I said it's not Killian and definitely not you," Milah said.

"Then why..." Mr Gold said.

"It's Baelfire our son. I should have been there for him. Not... Punished him because I'd... Grown to hate his father. I was selfish. I thought if I could... Change that, do something generous... Maybe I could finish what I need to," Milah said.