16 - Birth

Flashback: Camelot - Three Weeks Ago...

Alana was in the woods trying to save her family from Arthur and Zelena, who had control of Merlin. Morgana was hiding in the background, behind a tree, watching them, Alana glanced at Morgana who nodded.

Zelena and Alana looked at each other, "So, Dark One, who should I execute first? Hmm? Your boyfriend and best friend or your father?" Zelena asked.

"You can have the flame," Alana said as she handed Zelena the box.

"Zelena, make sure that's real," Arthur said.

Zelena opened the box and dark ropes came from the box and tied Zelena to a tree.

"Now, you want to give me my family or keep fighting?" Alana asked.

"Merlin!" Arthur said.

"Please, Alana. Give him the flame. This is a battle you cannot win," Merlin said as he and Alana started to fight with their magic.

 This is a battle you cannot win," Merlin said as he and Alana started to fight with their magic

"I wish you could defeat me, Alana, but I've played this game for too long," Merlin said.

Alana loses the magical struggle and is knocked back, "Merlin, kill her mother," Arthur said.

Merlin conjured a vine that snaked around Mary Margaret's neck and she gasped, "Mary Margaret!" David yelled as he pulled on his chains.

"It's no good. They're too strong," Emma said as she struggled against her chains.

"Keep trying," Regina said.

"Merlin, you have to fight it," Alana said.

"I can't!" Merlin said.

Mary Margaret was gasping for air, "You are the greatest sorcerer that has ever lived. If you cannot fight off the darkness, no one can," Alana said.

"Aah!" Merlin yelled as he released Mary Margaret who gasped as she could finally breathe.

"I said kill her! By the sword, I command you! Kill her!" Arthur yelled.

"I can't hold him off much longer," Merlin said.

Morgana disappeared into a shadow of a tree and her hands came out of the tree's shadow that Emma was tied to and she broke the cuffs. Emma glanced at her, she nodded to him as she escaped her chains.