30 - Our Decay

Belle made her way to the library, Baby Hood still in her arms and she looked at the changed decor.

Belle sighed, "God. What is this place?" Belle said.

The elevator suddenly started coming up and Belle hid behind a bookshelf, she watched behind the books as Mr Gold stepped out of the elevator.

Belle gasped, "Rumpel," Belle said as stepped out of her hiding place.

"Belle. What are you doing here? Y-Y-You're not. Y-You didn't..." Mr Gold said as he started to panic.

"Oh, no, no, no, no. I'm...I'm alive. A portal brought me and... And the baby and... Zelena," Belle said.

"That's why the spell didn't work as I thought. Brought over three bodies instead of one," Mr Gold said.

"Wait... You...You did this. Who were you trying to bring if not me and you didn't know Zelena was back and...No! Why would you steal a baby?" Belle asked.

"No, no, no. It was... It was Hades. He used leverage to force me. Look..." He sighed, "A long time ago, long before we even met... I made a deal... One I never thought would rear its head," Mr Gold said.

"What did you do?" Belle asked.

"When Baelfire was a child, he was sick. In exchange for Baelfire's life... I made a deal to give up my second-born child," Mr Gold said.

"But you don't have a second-born child," Belle said.

"It happened, Belle," Mr Gold said as he motioned to her stomach.

"N...I'm...I'm pregnant?" Belle questioned.

I'm pregnant?" Belle questioned

Belle sighed and sniffled, "W...We're gonna have a baby? A...A baby that you've already sold!" Belle said.

"Yes, but... But w...we can fix that. I'll use all my power. W...We can fix this," Mr Gold said.

"P...Power? What..." Mr Gold looked at her guiltily, "You're the Dark One again. No," Belle said as her face widened.

"Yes," He pulled the dagger from his coat pocket, "See, the thing is... I love this dagger. And I also love you. Both are possible. Look, y...you wanted me to be a... A better man. A...A...And you've done that. But if you want me to be a different man... I'm sorry. This is who I am," Mr Gold said.