27 - The Brothers Jones

Cruella, Henry and Calla were in Cruella's car, and she was driving them somewhere recklessly.

"Can you please slow down?" Henry asked.

"Darling, you two wouldn't be here if you two didn't like a little danger. I mean, look at you two... Sneaking away from your family to bring me back to life. Such naughty children," Cruella said.

"I just want to find the pen and get this over with. What are we even looking for?" Henry asked.

"A sign, signal, whiff of ink. Look, you're the Author. You're connected to that quill," Cruella said.

Henry saw a bright light and pointed to it, "Stop! I saw something," Henry said.

Cruella stopped the car immediately and the tires screeched as she came to a dangerous stop, Calla breathed heavily as she sat in the back.

Cruella and Henry got out, Henry helped Calla out as she was shaking, he carried her into the woods, going towards where he saw the bright light and Cruella followed but she wasn't happy with it.

"Well, there's no pen here, just dirt and things that smell like dirt," Cruella said.

"I swear I saw it," Henry said.

"Stop being mean!" Calla said.

"Well, then, move those little legs of yours and keep looking both of you. Go!" Cruella said and shooed them off.

Henry continued to make his way through the forest with Calla beside him. He stopped and looked around, when a hand reached out and grabbed his shoulder, Henry turned to see the Apprentice, both Henry and Calla looked at him confused.

"Quiet. We have little time," The Apprentice said.

"I don't understand. W-What are you doing here? You were a devoted apprentice to Merlin and Morgana your entire life. What unfinished business could you possibly have?" Henry said.

"You, my boy. I am here to prevent you from making a terrible mistake. You must not resurrect Cruella De Vil," The Apprentice said.

"So the pen can bring someone back. You told me it couldn't," Henry said.

"That was a necessary... Half-truth. Up there, yes. Down here, the rules are a little more... Flexible. I saw no reason to tempt you. The dilemma you are currently in is why," The Apprentice said.

"I'm not getting the pen for Cruella. I'm getting it for me. I just watched my mom become the Dark One. I watched my aunt die and I couldn't do anything," Henry said.

"You are the Author. As such, you should use the quill only to record the stories, not create them," The Apprentice said.

"I don't care about the stupid stories anymore. I'm sick of sitting on the sidelines. I want to be a hero. I want to help my mom even if it means helping Cruella," Henry said.

"In the Sorcerer's mansion lie all his great works of light magic, the quill included. It is protected by a powerful spell, but the sheriff took the key from me. Acquire that key and the quill is yours," The Apprentice said.

Henry looked surprised, "Wait, what? You're... You're helping me?" Henry said.

"Why?" Calla asked.

"This is your choice, Henry, but the only way that I can move on is if you make the right one. I trust you," The Apprentice said before he disappeared.

Elsewhere, Amy was walking down Main Street and she saw Liam then walked up to him.

"Hey," Amy said.