Chapter 28

I watch as my beloved pace around the room. Her red gown barely keeping up with her.
"Leo what if they treat me different? I don't want them to."
Her frown was way to cute. Her eyes keep going from blue to fire orange, meaning Sapphire is just as nervous.
I cocoon her in my embrace and run my hand through her hair.
I can already feel how she is relaxing. "I don't think they will treat you that differently."
"But that is what I am worried about, the THAT word." I kiss the top of her head.
"Calm down love, no need to worry about what might happen. Now take a deep breath and then we'll go."
Her frowny face looks up at me with a pout.
I just smiled at her and that was all it took for her to smile back.
She steps away from me and takes a deep breath.
"Oky how do I look?"
She twirls in her dress with a smile that might kill me one day. Her black curls loosely pinned up. She was a beauty to behold.

"Like a queen

"Like a queen." I mumble and she giggles, a faint blush already forming.
"Well then let's go."
I hold out my hand and we go down to the dining room where all the counsel members are waiting.

Upon entering they quieted down but smiled in adoration. I held tight onto Ana to give her some reassurance as we take our seat at the end.
"Welcome everyone and thank you so much for attending my birthday dinner party." Ana speaks.
Yes it was her birthday today, I can't believe she has been with me for a year already.
"We wouldn't miss it for the world Anastasia." Paolo says and the rest agreed.
Ana smiled, I could see a faint tear wanting to escape.
"I will not bore you with any speaches right now, so let's eat!"

The waiters walks in an place two different plates before us.
"For starters we have pomegranate, goat cheese in pastry and then zucchini pizza's. Made by yours truly." and my did it look delicious

" and my did it look delicious