Chapter 40

~Ana~

The first person to greet me this morning was Opal and I knew something was wrong just by looking at her.
"Opal what is wrong?" Her eyes got teary as she rushed into my arms crying.
I closed the door immediately with my magic as we sunk to the floor as I keep consoling her. Cradling her back and forth.
"I'll be oky Opal, ssshhhh."
She calmed down after a while and we sat on the couch.
"Camilla rejected me. I...I got fed up and I confessed. The taught of two women discust her, she said so." I hug her closer to me.
"That is her loss Opal, you are a wonderful woman amd anyone would be lucky to have you and if Camilla can't see that, she is not worth your tears."
"B...but I love her so bad, it hurst, so so bad." She gripped her shirt, as if she is struggling to breathe.
"I know." I pull her closer to me, knowing how she felt.
"I know."
She fell asleep on my lap and my heart broke for her. She loves Camilla so much and for her to break her heart like that. She truly is cruel.
Nothing I say to Opal will mske her feel any better. A broken heart cannot always be mended by words.
There has to be something I could do for her.

~Opal~

In a confuse daze I open up my eyes to see myself in the Anastasia's office. The queen's office.
"You're awake." I follow her voice and I see her sitting in her desk, a pillow under my head with a blanket over me.
I blushed, "Thank you, for, uhm, well..."
She waves me off, "No worries." I got up and sat in front of the desk on the couch.
"I'm sending you away." She says and I look at her in confusion.
"What do you mean?". She smiles and hands me a file. I thick one.
"I've been thinking of how I could help you, and this is the only way I know how. That is a folder of all the packs, covens etc you name it. All of these are relations that needs to be maintained and some needs some damage control. I'm sending you as our ambassador."
My mouth falls open, not that I haven't been an ambassador for the throne before, but this is alot of work.
"But why? I don't understand."
"You need to be away from Camilla for a while, a long time. I'm hoping that with this journey, you'll heal. You can't be around her now." I bite my lip and look at the file. The schedule was set, she even made me have two days off at every place so I can relax.
"How long?"
"This is two years." I choked on air.
"Two years!"
She giggled, "Don't look so frightened, when you are ready to come home, come home, be that in one month, or the whole year. It doesn't matter and someone will immediately take over where you left."
That did make me feel alot better.
"So, will you take my offer?"
I think about Camilla and the night she rejected me.
My heart already breaking again.
"I'll take your offer." She smiled with so much raw emotion. Showing how much she wanted to help me and I think I understand now how the king could fall for someone like her.
She jumps around the table and pulled me into a hug. "Wonderfull, I already called your staff to pack pack your stuff , you leave in 30 minutes!" She shoved me out the door and I couldn't help but laugh at her as she closed the door on me.
"She means well." Vladius says as he comes out of the shadows.
"I know, you chose a great queen." Vladius smiled, one of the rare times one sees him smiling. "I got lucky."
I wish I was that lucky.
"Safe travels Opal." He says and I nod.
"Thank you Vladius." He nods and then goes into Anastasia's study.
Well then off I go to wherever my schedule says I'm going!

~Ana~

I go to the training grounds to greet Warren and Erlan.
At first I thaught my eyes deceived me but then it happened again and I screamed,all the guards turned to me to see if all was well and turned back when they saw me smiling.
"OMG you two are together!" I hugged Merlia and she giggled.
"How'd you get this dense person to ask you out?" Harold blushed.
"Well he didn't, I asked him out and one thing let to another and here we are." I look at Harold blushing, avoiding my stare.
"You two are too dahm cute together! Harold you better be the one to propose."
Once again he avoided my gaze and Merlia giggled.
She pulls out her left hand and then I saw it, the beautiful diamond ring.
I screamed as I jump up and donw and hugged her and then Harold.
"Oh I'm so happy for you two! Oh this is fantastic! My poor heart can't take anymore."
Merlia laughed.
"Yeah he proposed when you guys went on your honeymoon." She smiled.
"Oh I want you to tell me all about it."
She smiled, "But that is not all." Harold's hands covered Merlia's stomach and realization dawned on me.
"No way." I gaspes.
"Yes way, I found out yesterday at the doctor's so, we're pregnant!"
"Oh this is such a wonderful time for you two I'm so happy. If there is anything I can do to help you name it!" Harold smiled. "Thank you Highness." I roll my eyes, still with the title.
"Well I'll take that offer because we're having quintuplets." I slightly paled.
"Five kids, at once? Oh my, good luck Harold."
"Hopefully not all girls, but as long as the babies are healthy, I wont mind."
I tear slipped my eye. "I'm just so happy for you two, congratulations."

~Leo~

I was peacfully working in my office when I hear Ana scream.
I follow her voice to the training grounds to see her jumping up and down with a short curvey girl with pink hair.
What in the world is going on?
Her eyes brighten when she sees me and waves and I wave back berfore going back to work. I'm sure she will tell me all about it tonight.

~Camilla~

The big door looked intimidating for the first time since I met her.
I knocked on the door and her butler opened up.
My nerves urging me to cower away.
"I want to see Opal."
"I'm sorry Miss Camilla, but she will not be here for a very long time."
I frown.
"What do you mean? Where is she?"
"I believe she is being sent on a royal errand for the king and queen. Direct order from the queen." I immediately ran to the castle and barged into Anastasia's office. She looked unaffected my my outburst.
"So now you send the counsel to do your work."
Something felt different about her.
"Oh, I'm sorry you seem to think that."
"Some tipe of Queen you are, pathe..." and suddenly I was slammed against the wall, Anastasia's eyes shining red. Vlad turned her!
"Now listen Camilla, I've had enough of you. The only reason why I sent Opal away was because of you!"
"M...me?"
Anastasia growled, her eyes now shining orange, like a raging fire.
"You are so power blind that you can't even see the one person who truly loves you and then you rejected her! She has been by your side through everything. She didn't deserve to be rejected like that!"
She let me go and I fell to the ground. "So I send her away, so she could be away from you. She was your friend, but the way you rejected her makes me think you just used her. You are the one who is truly pathetic." She spits out, her power shooting out in powerful waves.
"Now get out of my sight."

🌸🌸🌸

Camilla got scolded!

For those who forgot, Merlia is the woman who works at the pet recovery center and Harold is Ana's personal guard.