Chapter 5

The thing that he hated most about ruling was the paprrwork, he's been busy all week catching up on lost time and it is not like he can just sign whatever. He needs ro read everything or else he might just sign his own death.
One would laugh, but it happened once. Luka is complaining about something when I finally tuned in to the conversation.
"Lord Blackwood, you must. It's been many years now, we need a Lady ruling by your side, you have to choose a queen or the counsel will choose one for you and you know who their favorite candidate is." My adviser, Luka says. It pisses me off that they now suddenly worry about me finding a queen when it never bothered them before. I would put my money on that Camilla. She's a power hungry woman and has her claws in the counsel. Feeding them a bunch of bullshit so that she can marry me. That will not happen!
She thinks just because we had a thing centuries ago that she has the power to decide my life. Don't make me laugh, she was good to get the time fly by. I never had any feelings for her and she knew that.
"I know Luka, let me just settle this bussines with the werewolf pack and then I'll find a forsaken bride." He chuckles. He knows I'm not really fond of werewolves but I've manage to have a treaty with them and I will settle it now. I don't want another war between the two species where both sides loses many men. "I just have to find a bride, how hard can it be?" Luka laughs. "Sure Vlad, sure. It's easy for you sure." I give him a deadpan look. "Why do I feel like you are mocking me?"
"It's because I'm the only one who can mock you without being killed." That was true. "Just shut up Luka. Let's go to this meeting."
He bows and goes to get the ride ready while I go to get some food.
I can eat normal food but blood is the best as where lower class vampires rely solely on blood.

After I finished my meal I go to Luka who is waiting for me. "Let's go." I throw him a blood bag and he happily drank from it. "So you so care about me." He faked a tear after he drank. "No, it would simply be a pain to get another adviser." I say while looking at the view as we ride. What a drag, we could've been there by now if we just ran, but on business we have to ride the carriage.

We reach the Lockmore town and I already don't like it that much. It reeks of self centered, egotistical beings. But then another smell hits my nose and it intoxicates me. For one it was the smell of blood and for another reason I don't understand myself, I felt more drawn to it. The purest virgin blood could not compare to this smell. "Sir, is everything alright?" Luka ask, most likely seeing my glowing red eyes.
We past the smell and my body immediately gets out of the carraige and follows the scent. "Lord Blackwood!" He calls after me but I didn't listen. I was solely focus on finding the object of this scent that drives me crazy. I must have looked lije a crazy person, searching for something that would save him from the insanity.
The sound of music fills my ears, it sounded so beautiful yet aggressive and heartbreaking. The music was in the direction of the smell and so I follow it. Until I came across the most beautiful woman that I have laid my eyes on. My whole body was in overdrive, going crazy as we watch her. My body wants to move, but was frozen in place. Completely taken away.
She looked so broken and even the moon seemed to be weeping. Her body was completely ragged, but she kept playing. I see that her hands are covered in blood, her own blood my the looks of it. Her face showed her pain snd then she yelled, as if someone was whipping her back. She screamed, but never stopped playing. It was absolutely beautiful. "Vlad what are you...." He sees the woman that I am looking at. "Isn't she beautiful?" I was traced by her, I couldn't explain it. As if all my problems will be solved by her alone. My salvation.
"Vlad I know that look, what are you thinking?"

🌸🌸🌸

So how do we like Vlad?