Chapter 34

~Kevin~

"The king of vampires, King Leonard Vladius Blackwood, tied the knot yesterday afternoon. The identity is being kept secret in the vampire society, not even the counsel will share her identity. Lord Warren only revealed that she is of royal blood and she has the rank of The Order, the highest military rank among them.
The entire wedding and coronation was kept private to the supernatural world, King Vladius Advisor claimed that that is what the king and his wife wanted and he and the counsel made sure it is so. They will later reveal her identity and boy are we waiting in suspense. Who is this beauty? How did she won over the stone hard vampire king? And what is her royal connection? Back to you Rodger."

The news was going crazy when they found out that King Vladius married. Every dahm channel had the news, all wondering who the girl is. My wolf seemed exstra testy everytime we hear about the news and I didn't know why and quite frankly is pisses me off.
He won't talk to me, but he will growl at the news. The fuck is wrong with him.
"Kevin, come to bed, you look so tired." Bianca called. I didn't want her to touch me, never mind lie next to her.
"Come on I promise I won't cuddle."
"No, I'm going running, my wolf needs to burn energy."
I hear shifting behind me and then her naked breast touched my back.
"I know of other ways you can burn some energy."
My wolf growled, but I didn't care, I was already hard.
"I'm sure you can show me." She giggled as she leads me to the bed, sits me down and she kneels on front of me.
"With pleasure."

A knock from the door woke me up.
"Alpha, a messenger from the vampire king is here."
Why would one be here? Maby to reschedule the meeting?
I went down to see non other than Lord Paolo.
"Lord Paolo, I was not expecting you." His face revealed nothing.
"Indeed, I was not expecting you to expect me." He blankly states and hands me over a letter sealed with the royal seal.
"I bid you farewell, Alpha." He says and then dissappears.
Confused I open the letter.

Alpba Kevin

Regarding the matter on the treaty, I inform you that it will not be happening due to various reasons that needs no explaining to you.

If you want to take it up with me, go ahead.

King Vladius

I fall back on my seat. Fuck, this is not good. I don't even know what happened for him to refuse our treaty. My father will kill me if he finds out about this and I don't even know what I did!

~Opal~

"Camilla, please give up on this road to get yourself together with the king." I plead while looking at Camilla pacing in front of the fireplace. As usual, her red dress clings to her like a second skin.
"What does he see in her that I don't have!?" My voice falls on deaf ears.
"Cam, someone else might look at you the way the king looks at the queen."
She huffs. "Yeah right, feelings."
Camilla comes from a long line of people who have arranged marriages for power and politics, where feelings are regarded as nothing. So this behavior is really nothing out of the norm.
But my feelings exploded.
"I have feelings for you dammit!" I yell and the moment those words left my mouth, we both froze looking at eachbother wide eyed.
"Well you are my best friend Opal."
"No, not like that." I whisper, now that I've said it I can no longer hold myself back.
I grab her wrist and pull her to me.
"I'm inlove with you Cam, have been for a few thousand years."
She rips away from me.
"Don't be silly Opal, a woman with a woman, don't make me laugh." She scoffed and I feel my heart breaking.
"Why, why is it so hard to believe that I love you?" I yell with tears in my eyes.
She frowns. "It is, a woman and a woman do not belong together. Never have never will." With each word she says my heart breaks more.
"I think you should leave Camilla."  I mumbled, first she didn't do anything but stare at me.
"JUST LEAVE!" I shout with tears in my eyes and she sprints out, the door slams shut and I sink to the floor, wailing with my broken heart over a lover I never even had to begin with.

🌸🌸🌸

Poor Opal😭