Chapter 21

"You are going to have alot of trouble convincing the counsel to approve if you Anastasia, mainly because of Camilla. She has dug her claws into the counsel that shebgot them to agree to a marriage between her and Vald." Paolo says.
Currently we were in one of the castle's library.
Me, Leo and Paolo, my father has already left and we agreed to keep me being the elf King's first born a secret and I didn't mind one bit. He did however gave me good advice and that is what I am going to use in gaining the counsel's approval.
"That is why I need to know as much as possible about every counselor."
"What will you do with this information?" Paolo ask and I smirked. "I'm going to beat them at their own game."
Paolo falls back on the couch. "Well it's worth a try, what do you say Vlad?" Leo smiles at me. "I wouldn't say no, I'd like to see how this all plays out."
I smiled, feeling all bubbly about this.
"All right, tonight is the dinner with the counselmen so let's get busy."
Paolo stood up to retrieve files and then came back to put 12 files down.
"This is the files of the twelve counselman, you have one on board, being me, the rest will not be that easy."
Those are thick files, lots of information...
You can do this Anastasia!

"Allright let's start off with the easiest. Wilhel von Slimghn." What kind of surname is that? I could help but laugh. "I'm sorry it's just such a wierd surname. Continue."
Paolo rolls his eyes and continues. "He is one of the youngest and embraces changes much more easier. Easy going and loves jokes, basically any joke really. He has a ward, a son named Kansa, 10 years old. Spoiling him is his highlight."
"Next we have Adel von Quinith, she loves everything that is cute and fluffy, but she is a force to be reckoned with in battle. Her main weapon is an axe. She has no family and she is quite happy with that."
I think she will be the most easiest do deal with.
"Then we have Garreth von Laubenheimber. Strict as they come, good at strategy, swords and despite his looks, a big family man. Has a wife named Allia, three sons, Bennet, Reead and Red. Five daughters, Hadly, Jenessa, Lacy, Cathleen and Paula. He despises people who are in search for power."
"Urlo von Acken, finance maniac and doesn't like to overspend on anything. He however loves charities and spend most of his time at some charity event."
He went on introducing me to every counsel man amd woman.
"And now, the big five. They will be the hardest to win over."
I suck in my breath,
"We have Warren dan Volante, a general at heart. Military comes first above all else. If he can't benefit from you military wise you won't get oast him."
"Next we have Erlan dan Lsan, if Warren is the brawn, Erlan is the brains. They always work together. If you have support from one you have the other."
I really need food, all this information is making me hungry.
"Opal dan Xafnr, has a keen sense for politics and also great friends with Camilla." Great, someone eho won't be easily swayed.
"Then there is Yozac dan Danger, yiu can basically call him the public relations guy and views all of the complaints before they reach Vlad, making him an excellent problem solver."
"Lastly, Laurika dan Kelly, been in the counsel for as long as I can remember. She never makes a decision that won't benefit the kingdom and she can easily sway opinions of you, she's a master manipulator." Allright, I have to watch out, but she can be my winning chance.
"So, you think you can sway the counsel?" Paolo ask, smirking.
I look at all the members. "Only one way to find out right, who doesn't like Camilla, let's start there."
Paolo scratches his head, thinking.
"Hmmm I would say Yozac and me." I deflate.
"Great then, I'm sure everything will go smoothly."

"You look beautiful beloved." Leo enters my room. I look at him through the mirror to see him eye raping me. "Careful with that stare of yours Mister." He just smirks and walk over to me.
"Not my fault I'm in the presence of something so beautiful." He kisses my shoulder.
"Mmm, till you see something more beautiful." I pout, he takes my hair away, getting a full viewing of my neck. Kissing it up and down. "Impossible."
I turn around, "Do you think this is appropriate for tonight?"
I decided on a green dress to accompany my necklace that my father gave me.
The dress said modest, reliable yet daring.

"More than appropriate Ana, you look stunning

"More than appropriate Ana, you look stunning."
I am so nervous.
"Calm down, I know you will do this." Now you might ask why do I want the approval of all the counsel members if Leo can easily just say they have no say in it. But that would mean I would always have to watch my back and thete would be constant sceaming to get me away from Leo. That I do not want. I will win every counselmen over.

We enter the dining hall where the counsel was waiting, "King Vladius Leonard." The door opens and all eyes should fall on Leo, but it didn't, it fell on me.
"Welcome your majesty." They greet in sync and I found that extremely cool and freaky.
"Welcome everyone, please let's take a seat." Leo says and everyone takes their seats.
The 'big five' counselmembers sat the closest to Leo.
Leo was still standing next to me, he helped me with my seat, next to him, and sat down as well. The tension in the air is undeniable, I could feel their judgment already.
"As you have notice, I braught someone with me. I'd like to introduce you all to Anastasia West." We agreed to hide my real identity until I've won everyone over without my new 'status'.
They all nod my way and I give the best smile I could.
"And the reason she is here is because I would like to introduce her to you and my beloved and the future queen." He dropped the bomb just like that.
I expected a civil outbreak, but that was not the case. They all stood up and began shouting.
"This is an outrage!"
"You can't be serious highness!"
"It's madness!"
And many more that is against me marrying Leo.
"Silence!"
Leo yells and they calm down, well not calm down, but they sat down, their glares could kill me.
"Now, I all hold you in high regard which is why I wanted to tell you this first. I want you all to be on board with this marriage. I will call a meeting in two weeks and by then I hope your views will be different."
Paolo was the only one smiling, giving me courage.
I was gonna need all the courage I could get.