Chapter 1

"Anastasia, you'll be late for school!" Mrs Thea shouted from the kitchen making me fall off the bed in a struggle to look presentable,because I am basically wrapped up in my blanket like a burrito.
"Comming!"
In less that 5 minutes I have showered and dressed. How you may ask and I would answer: years and years of being late every morning. I have the rare occasion when I actually am on time, but that is like once every......well a long long time.

I make my way down, already hearing the chatter of children and Mrs Thea scolding the boys. "Morning everyone!"
"Stacey!" Now 15 kids storming at you at once might freak people out, but to me it's a daily routine. "Hey Kiddos, have you been good to Mrs Thea this morning?" The girls nod their heads while the boys couldn't meet my eyes. "Boys, if you do not behave I will not play for you guys tonight." Their eyes grew wide and the immediately apologized to Mrs Thea while she just laughed at how I have them wrapped around my finger. "I swear they only listen to you, Stacey." I stick my tung out to her while piling my plate with chocolate chip croissants, they are my absolute favorite. After I am done I grab my bag and rush to school. It's like a 30 min walk so with me running it took me about 15 minutes and just in time as well.  "Really Stacey, how are you late but still on time at the same time?" Dorothy ask. She's my best friend, but crazy. "Lots and lots of skill my friend." She shakes her head and we make our way to class. "Hey have you heard that the Alpha's son is coming back tonight. They are throwing a party for him, please tell me that you will come with me for once in your life?" She gives me those big puppy eyes with a small pout. "Well you did say the whole pack is invited, so I guess it shouldn't be a problem with Mrs Thea." She jumps in joy, "Yasss, now on the less happy side, let's get to math." We groaned, we really hate math. Like seriously, how can someone like maths.

The day went by without much hassle, everyone was just talking about the Alpha's son party later tonight. I don't really want to go, but for Dorothy's sake I'll go. " Sooo, do you have an outfit to wear Stacey?" She knew my answer, being an orphan doesn't give me much fashionable clothes, I don't mind either. I have what I need and I am happy. "Dorothy, pleaso no." She just gives me a wide smirk and I try to walk away from her. "No, no little miss happy with everything. We're going shopping!" She jumps in joy while we make our way to the car. And that people, was how I died.

"How about this one?" She shows me a green crop top. "D, come on, you know I don't like showing much flesh."
"Why not, you have the looks for it, why not flaunt it." She throws the clothing on the pile for me to try out.
"Cuz I don't feel comfortable in it. I feel like I am sharing something that I am not supposed to share. Hell I don't even wear a bikini, D, how do you expect me to wear this?" She frowns and then puts the top away. "Fiinnnee, we'll search some more." The ladies that work at this shop glared at her and I ducked my head in shame.
After a while and a few shops later I finally found a dress.
It was a white dress with floral lace pattern, it was very form fitted and hugged what was needed, but it looked beautiful. "Hey D, I think that I have found something."
"Let me see!"

"And, what do you think?" She studied me with her eyes squinting

"And, what do you think?" She studied me with her eyes squinting. Walking around me, I feel like I am being judged or something. "Wel, it's not my taste, but I must say it does look beautiful on you." That makes me smile to know she approves. She found a light blue dress, it looked so beautiful on her.

"Now my dear sweet Anastasia, it's time to get you ready for the ball

"Now my dear sweet Anastasia, it's time to get you ready for the ball." We marched off the the car. "D, you know it's jusy a semi formal party right?" She just shrugged her shoulders. "Same process, same thing." She is just something else.

"I'm home Mrs Thea!"
"Dining room!"
I find her like she says, in the dining room. Her head is leaning on her hands while she grips her hair. "Thea, what's wrong?" She shifts uncomfortable in her seat. "Sit dear." I think of everything I might have done wrong, my mind is going in overdrive. Or did something happen with one of the kids. "It's Lilly..." Oh no, is she hurt or something. Please not Lilly. "There has been a couple that has been wanting Lilly for a while now. The papers were finalized today. She's leaving in two days." My heart dropped. I, I love Lilly, she's like my own family. "But.. You can't, Mrs Thea." I knew my voice is about to break and I am holding back the tears. "I'm sorry Stacey, but you know she deserves to have her own family." I couldn't argue.  "I'll just go up to see Lilly now." The closer I get to Lilly's room, the more my heart breaks. Her door was decorated with flowers that we painted on her door. Mrs Thea was not very happy, but could not get herself to paint over it. "Can I come in?" I heard a faint yes. "Hey Lilly Dilly, I heard the great news." She was sitting on her bed, holding the doll I baught her for Christmas when she was five. "I guess." She mumbled,her eyes were red. I know she has been crying. "Hey what's wrong?" She sniffs and her teary eyes look at me. "It's just that, I don't wanna go."
"Why don't you like them?" I sit on the bed and place her on my lap while stroking her hair. "No, I do. It's just that, I don't want to leave you CiCi." She starts to cry all over again. "Hey there now, don't cry. I'll be fine, you're getting a new life with people who will love you oky and you'll always have me oky Sweety." She hugs me tight and I feel her tears staining my shirt. I fight to hold back my tears, I have to stay strong for her so that she knows that it is oky to go. "I love you Lilly Dilly, always and forever oky." I hummed her to sleep before I make my way out. Making I promise that I'll spend the next day with her, but now I have a party to get ready for.