pick up the phone

A/N: I'm so mad at myself because this story is so perfect in my head but I had no clue how to write it out and I feel like this could have been 20x better than it is.

He'd been away from him for months. Originally, it was supposed to be four weeks. A music program, something exciting at the time. Now, it just seemed stupid. What was supposed to be four exciting weeks in the 'Big Apple' had turned into an avalanche of angry episodes and regretful words. What was worse was now there was nothing. No fights, no apology texts at three a.m., no lonely calls. Nothing.

The last fight had been the worst. That had been three months ago - when they were still talking for hours before bed - and Sykkuno begged him to come home. He'd gotten angry, said Sykkuno was trying to rob him of this opportunity just because he couldn't sleep alone at night.

Every bit of bitter loneliness, every restless night, every cranky morning; all of them had blended together in one night and exploded in his face. It was different from other nights when their tensions ran high. Because when corpse yelled at him and hung up the phone that night. Sykkuno didn't call in the morning.

So that had been it. Sykkuno wanted Corpse to come home, and Corpse accused him of trying to takeaway his life long dream.

Every word from Corpses lips had been a knife to Sykkuno's heart, but Corpse spat them at him anyway. He dipped his tongue in venom and hurled it at him with every bone in his body. And oh boy did Corpse regret it.

The bed was too big with just himself in it. Even though he'd tried putting extra pillows where Sykkuno would usually sleep on the mattress, and tried sleeping in the middle, nothing worked. The bed was as empty as the hole in his heart.

he couldn't even get any music done. Everything he wrote was absolutely terrible.

He even started drawing Sykkuno on his notepads instead of writing lyrics. If he'd been any more weak-minded, he would have checked Sykkuno's channel to see if he was taking it as hard as he was. However, Corpses strong will and stubborn head wouldn't let him give in that much.

"God dammit," he grumbled under his breath, throwing his pencil down in frustration. Yet another male figure that looked just like Sykkuno, covered the center of his paper. Just looking at it brought him to tears.

He would have crumpled up the paper, but his heart wouldn't let him. Instead, he added it to the folder he'd started, bitterly acknowledging how much time he spends drawing his lover instead of actually coming up with lyrics. As he went to tuck the folder back into the drawer of his desk, his phone started ringing from the table beside him.

He didn't glance at who it was before he pressed it to his ear, sliding the lock screen to the right. "Hello?"

"Baby." The voice was music to his ears. A lonely, haunting melody that both pulled at his emotions and comforted him.

he chewed on his lip, already feeling heaviness settling on his shoulders. "Sy?"

"Baby, I'm so sorry." His voice was so tired and vulnerable that it nearly broke his heart. "I should've called sooner, I'm so sorry."

"You don't have to apologize Im the one who should've called" He wedged his phone between his ear and his shoulder, as he did so he heard a knock on the door of his hotel room. "One second."