Proposal

A/N: Currently scared for my future

Corpse is a hopeless romantic. Once, when he was younger, he lit a path of candles in a park by his girlfriend's house. But when he had called her out, she said it was too dark outside and she wasn’t coming out. That may or may not have been the last time Corpse did anything nice for her.

But this -- this is different. He isn’t fourteen anymore and he isn’t trying to impress a girl.

No, this is for Sykkuno. Sykkuno, who is twenty-seven and precious and so, so important to Corpse. He would do anything for Sykkuno. That's why Corpse is going to propose to him.(yeah another proposal story)

He’s been thinking it for weeks, maybe even months, that he wants to spend the rest of his life with this man. They’ve been together for 5 years now. Sykkuno was twenty-two and walking out of the coffee shop with his to-go cup of tea that he just bought, and Corpse was nineteen, on his phone with his head down, not watching where he was going. Needless to say, when Corpse looked up, it was too late and Sykkuno had very hot tea all down his front. Corpse made it up to him by buying him another cup and, throwing all caution to the wind, asking him out on a date.

So here they are, five years later with Corpse planning on making Sykkuno his fiancé. They’re currently in LA, Sykkuno has a blindfold on and Corpse is driving. He told Sykkuno absolutely nothing about where they were going and of course, Sykkuno does not appreciate that.

“Corpse, where are you taking me that you had to put a blindfold on me while we’re driving? I can think of much better things we could be doing with it right now that take place in our bed.”

They’ve only been on the road for about fifteen minutes and this is about the fifteen hundredth time Sykkuno has asked where they’re going.

But Corpse is holding his ground, no matter how much he wants to know about the many things Sykkuno is thinking about using the blindfold for. “Twenty more minutes.” Corpse tells him in an exasperated, but fond voice.

It’s a Friday in May, and the weather is exceptional; not too hot not too cold. It has just gone past seven in the evening and the sun has started going down. Sykkuno is wearing one of Corpses shirts and joggers for the car ride, and while Corpse would have liked for him to wear nicer clothes, he can’t complain because he is dressed similarly. Corpse also loves the way his boyfriend looks in his shirts, so he’s not complaining.

He finally slows to a stop and parks the car in an open field twenty minutes later, which for Sykkuno felt like twenty hours. “Can I take the blindfold off now ?” He asks when he feels Corpse turn off the car.

“Not quite yet,” Corpse answers him. "I’m going to get out for a minute. And no peeking . I mean it, Sykkuno.” Sykkuno pouts at that, and Corpse can’t help but to lean over and kiss the pout off his face. It works, because when he pulls away to get out, Sykkuno is smiling.

Corpse has a plan. He had called Rae to come out here earlier in the day while Sykkuno was gone to help him set up everything. There’s a tent pitched up with fairy lights tied to the trees surrounding it so when the sun goes down completely, they will still have some light. Corpse has a picnic basket full of food, three blankets, and lots of pillows in the trunk of the car, so he goes to organize that while Sykkuno waits in the car. He takes a deep breath to calm himself because now that they’re here, it’s so much more real. He’s actually going to propose to Sykkuno. He’s pretty sure he’s going to say yes, but there’s always that small chance that he’ll say no; No to spending the rest of his life with Sykkuno. No, Corpse thinks to himself, don’t go down that road. Sykkuno will say yes. He shakes his head at how ridiculous he’s being and carries the basket and the blankets to their campsite for the night.