Stop taking all the covers

It's about a quarter past 5AM, and the sun's just starting to peak from the horizon. And it's cold as shit.about

it's supposed to linger around that temperature for the day. The bed sheets are strayed, most of them are wrapped around Sykkuno.

Any time Sykkuno and Corpse go too bed, Sykkuno tends to be the one that needs to have a hold of something. Whether it's Corpse, a pillow, the duvet, etc. Corpse usually makes sure to snuggle up. But not this time. Sykkuno is completely wrapped in the blankets, sleeping peacefully with a small grin that lets out small, slow breaths.

The heat isn't on since they were both too lazy to do so last night. Corpse wakes up slowly, his eyes flickering open followed by a loud sigh escaping his mouth. Sykkuno looks so peaceful in deep sleep, but Corpse is so cold and wants some warmth.

Sharing a bed with someone seems like a great idea until you actually have to do it.

He debates just taking the cover off him, because, hello, this is not their normal. But he looks so serene, and he really has never had time to calm down lately. Maybe he deserves it. 

He so does. 

Corpse begins crawls out of bed then, to go grab the extra duvet they have in the closet. Sykkuno stirs as Corpse sits up, arm reaching out to the now empty side of the bed. Corpse stops moving to study the boy. His hair is poking out in every direction and his face scratches against the pillow every time he moves. Corpse grins, reaching out a finger to trace over Sykkuno's jawline. "Corpse" Sykkuno whimpers, eyes flicking open. "Where are you going?" His voice is scratchy, 

"Uh, to go get some sheets,"Corpse whispers. 

"Oh, I'm sorry," Sykkuno breathes out slowly, eyes barely able to stay open. "Here, I'll keep you warm."

Corpse grins, laying back down on his stomach. Sykkuno scoots closer to him so Corpse can rest his head on his chest. "You are chilly," Sykkuno pouts. "I'm sorry. I'm selfish even when I'm unconscious."

Corpse smirks, shaking his head. "You're fine." He listens to the slow bump of his heartbeat, and the shallow breaths that escape Sykkuno's mouth. 

Sykkuno nods, kissing Corpses curls. His fingers trace over corpses back as his eyes close again. "I love you," Corpse whispers, barely audible. Sykkuno smells rather floral from his shower last night, and his skin is soft from the moisturizer his sister forces him to use because he's "so dry his skin could come off in layers". 

Sykkuno makes a satisfied noise. He doesn't have to say it back because Corpse already knows. 

They've never been the couple to say "I love you" an excessive amount. More like once a week during moments like these, when it's just the two of them there to appreciate each other. Every little curve of Sykkuno's stomach or beauty mark just makes Corpse prouder that Sykkuno is his. 

Even though Sykkuno is barely conscious, his hand still moves along Corpses skin for a bit until finding its resting place on his side. 

Corpse moves to glance up at him, his eyelashes so long they could tickle his cheek. The funny thing about Sykkuno's eyelashes that he's noticed is the fact that his bottom ones are as long, or even longer than the tops. They're just thinner, is all. It's just a unique trai that Corpse has picked up about Sykkuno. Maybe he's lethargic from lack of sleep, but he can't stop thinking about what a catch Sykkuno is. Like how his eyes compliment his skin tone perfectly, and how he looks down when he smirks. He's so cheeky. That stupid grin used to tease him- and still does to this day. 

Corpses.body is starting to get upset for still being awake, so he finally must give in at some point. 

He breathes against Sykkuno's chest, letting a small "I love you," escape him once more for good measure as warmth finally surges through his body.