Ava

When Corpse opens the front door, he can smell the familiar aroma of spaghetti sauce being boiled and can hear the clutter of pots and pans from the kitchen.

"Sykkuno, baby! I'm home from work!"

Corpse kicks his shoes off then loosens his tie and lies his jacket on the arm of the couch.

"Daddy!!"

He looks up and sees his little 4-year-old girl, Ava, running towards him with her arms wide open.

"Hey sweetie!" Corpse sets down his briefcase and squats so Ava is able to wrap her arms around his neck and squeeze him with all of her might.

"I missed you! Are you working tomorrow?" She asks, her lower lip puckered out slightly.

"Haha, no, sweetie, I'm off tomorrow." Ava's eyes light up, and she hugs Corpse even tighter. He then sees Sykkuno emerge from the doorway to the kitchen, his "#1 dad" apron splattered with spaghetti sauce.

Sykkuno stands up and stumbles up to Corpse, before locking him in a warm embrace. Corpse wraps his arms around his waist, and kisses his cheek. "I missed you" Sykkuno's heart skips a beat. Funny how Corpse can still take his breath away, even after six years of marriage.

"I missed you too." Sykkuno whispered, his face tucked into Corpses shoulder. Sykkuno quickly pulled out of the hug nearly forgetting about the sauce. He sped back over to the stove, and continued making dinner. Ava skipped back in, and sat down in the chair with her Dora the Explorer sippy cup. Once he was done with dinner he decided too go sit next to his daughter as it cooled off a bit.

"Dad, look what I made today!" she rushed over to the fridge and pulled a paper off from near the bottom. She came back with her hands around her back. "Close your eyes and hold out your hands!"

Sykkuno giggled and shut his eyes, then felt what he thinks is a piece of paper being placed in his palms. "Okay. OPEN!"

He opened his eyes, and in his hand was a painting of two men, one was obviously taller than the other, and a little girl was in between them both, holding their hands. Their family. He felt his eyes sting a bit at the sweet gesture, and looked over to Ava who was grinning uncontrllably. Her smile then quickly transitioned into a worried pout. "Dad... What's wrong? Don't you like it?"

Sykkuno coughed and looked down straight at the painting, trying to avoid eye contact so she'd hopefully not notice how red and puffy his eyes are. He took a deep breathe in, and tried to answer without his voice cracking. "Yeah, baby. It's WONDERFUL. It's perfect. Thank you, hun." Sykkuno gave her a kiss on the forehead beore she snatched it back and hung it on the fridge again.

"Ava hun can you leave the room for a sec?" Corpse asked, walking over to the table. "Okay, Daddy!"

Corpse rushed over to Sykkuno and pulled him back in for comfort, while the older man silently cried into his shoulder. "Sykk-"

"I'm sorry Corpse. It's just so wonderful. I'm so happy. I'm just overwhelmed with emotion, and-" Corpse shushed Sykkuno and stroked his hair lovingly. "I know babe, I know. It happens to me sometimes."

Sykkuno sniffled and started to break out into a mess of sobs. "I can't believe this is our life. Everything's just so perfect, and I can't believe that we have such a wonderful family..." Corpse pulled back and lifted Sykkuno's chin so that he could get a look of his husband. He was truly beautiful, even if he was a bawling mess. He kissed his forehead, nose, then finally planted a soft, warm kiss onto his lips.

Sykkuno could feel his heart swell up again, and pulled away before burying his head in his lover's chest. "I love you Corpse. Thank you for- everything." Corpse kissed the top of his head, and let out a long sigh. "I love you too, Sykkuno. And nothing will ever change that"

"God I'm such a baby I'm really sorry Corpse"

"Sykkuno don't worry we all have feelings I know that the feelings can just sneak up on you, and catch you by suprise..." Sykkuno took a long sip from his tea and looked at Corpse fondly. "It happened to me earlier, when we were playing with her dolls. She took two ken dolls and put them in the living room of the house, then had a small kelly doll sit on one of their laps..." Corpse cleared his throat before continuing.

"Anyways, I felt something come over me. My face got hot and the next thing I knew, I was locked in the bathroom crying my eyes out. I was gonna call you, but I thought you were busy. Corpse told Sykkuno as Sykkuno walked over to the pasta and put some onto a plate for Corpse and Ava. Sykkuno smiled softly at Corpse, and pulled him down for a kiss.

"I'm never too busy for my beautiful husband" Sykkuno said as he pulled Corpse into one more kiss before calling Ava for dinner.

"Ava! Supper's ready!"

A/N: I feel like this one out of all of them is probably my worst😭I'm also heavily considering posting an angst chapter on Halloween. And a fluff chapter.