Notes in Balloons

A/N: They're not dating(yet) in this one. But they share an apartment together

“I have a question.”

“Mhm.”

“Why?”

“I dunno. I was alone and bored. Fight me.”

Sykkuno had just walked into their apartment and now stood facing a balloon-filled living room. Corpse had messaged him before, asking him to hurry up and come home. Just ten minutes earlier Sykkuno had been meeting with Toast, and he was starting to seriously regret leaving so abruptly.

Because what he was facing right now was not entirely what he had anticipated when he received a text saying, “come home as soon as possible. I need your help.” Immediately after reading it he had apologised to his friend, left ten dollars on the café table, and hurried home. He was worried Corpse may have hurt himself! But in reality, he needed help popping the balloons that now covered almost every surface of their lounge.

Typical.

Honestly, knowing Corpse, he shouldn’t have expected anything more. But there had still been that slight doubt in the back of his mind that maybe Corpse was actually in need of his help. With a sigh, he slipped off his jacket and dropped his bag to the floor.

“Remind me to kill you later, please.”

“Sure thing, sunshine.” Corpse winked.

“Don’t call me sunshine!”

“Whatever you say, babe.”

Sykkuno could feel his ears reddening. “Don’t- don’t do that either.”

Corpse only chuckled. He pulled a pin out of his pocket and handed it to Sykkuno.

Sykkuno took it and went to pop the first balloon, which exploded into millions of tiny, colorful pieces of paper.

Sykkuno could feel his eyes nearly bugging out of his head as he turned around to face Corpse. “You filled them with CONFETTI??”

“A couple of them, yes.”

“This is a whole new level of ridiculous.”

Corpse gasped, feigning a hurt look.

Sykkuno went over to the next balloon and stuck a pin in it. This one too exploded into confetti.

“This is weird, even for you,” he said, moving to the next balloon.

Corpse shrugs. “I was alone for three hours. What was I supposed to do?”

Sykkuno gave him a death stare. “Maybe… don’t fill the apartment with balloons? Just a guess?”

“You’re making it seem like it’s a bad thing!”

“That’s because it is! Now get a pin and help me pop these!” He was starting to get more and more annoyed after having popped the fourth confetti- filled balloon in a row.

Corpse shakes his head. “Sorry, these are for you to pop.”

Sykkuno was about to ask why when he popped another balloon and- oh. There was a note in the balloon. Sykkuno silently prayed that the rest would be filled with notes too so that he wouldn't have to vacuum so much later. He opened the note.