Tattoo Buddies

"Boy, it's a good thing you drew me a picture

"Boy, it's a good thing you drew me a picture." Scotts tattoo artist said sarcastically.

"Hey, Scott, Steph, sure neither of you don't want something like this?" Stiles asked, walking up to Stephanie and Scott who sat side by side in chairs. Stephanie looked at the page and immediately scoffed at the drawing that resembled a kanima.

"Too soon?" Stiles asked before sighing. "I don't know, guys, are you sure about this? I mean, these things are pretty permanent, you know?"

Scott chuckled, shaking his head. "I'm not changing my mind." Stephanie nodded with him, shrugging. "And this is my birthday present so..."

Stiles and Will turned to Stephanie with furrowed brows. "What do you mean?" Stephanie pursed her lips, looking down at the spot she was getting her tattoo, on her left ankle. "Well, Scott didn't get me a birthday present so when he told me he wanted to get a tattoo, I said I wanted one and he'd say he'd pay but our parents took Will and I to Paris for the summer so Scott said he'd wait til I got back and I'm back now so..." Stephanie and Scott fist bumped. "I'm getting a tattoo."

"So he didn't get you what Isaac got you after he didn't get you a gift?" Stiles asked, leaning down to Stephanie height in her chair, recalling the girl freaking out to him about her kiss with Isaac later on her birthday. Stephanie whipped her head to Stiles, glaring. "Shut up."

"Have you seen him since you two have gotten back?" Stiles asked with raised brows and a smirk. Stephanie glared at him. "I just got back last night."

After Stephanie's birthday, Stephanie and Isaac hung out a lot more, the two never made anything official but they would always steal small kisses from each other. If her back was ever to him, Isaac would come up behind Stephanie, resting his hands on her waist and would press small kisses to the nape and crook of her neck. Isaac was even there to say goodbye to the whole family when they left for Paris over summer.

Stiles chuckled, turning to Scott. "Okay, so Steph's getting a purple flame because... well she's Steph but why are you getting two bands?" Scott shrugged, a dopey smile on his face. "I just like it." Will's brows furrowed as he looked to Scott. "But don't you think your first tattoo should have some sort of meaning, you know, or something?"

"Getting a tattoo means something." Scott said, making Stiles sigh. "I don't think that's-" "He's right, tattooing goes back thousands of years. The tahitian word 'tatua' means 'to leave a mark.' Like a rite of passage." Scott's tattoo artist interrupts, making Stephanie chuckle, pointing to him. "He gets it."

Will rolled his eyes at his sisters words. "He's covered in tattoos, Steph. Plus, mom and dad will literally kill you." Stephanie pursed her lips, shrugging. "Then I guess I'll wear high rise socks til I'm 18. It's settled."

"Okay, you two ready?" Stephanie's tattoo artist asked and Stephanie let out a breath, nodding her head. "You ain't got any problems with needles, do you?" Stephanie shook her head. "Nope."