Road Trip

"Yo, Scotty

"Yo, Scotty. Hey, yo, Scotty? Still with me?" Stiles said, snapping his fingers in front of Scott's face after the Stilinski boy noticed him starting to close his eyes, not realizing Will on the other side of him was barely staying awake himself.

Scott turned to Stiles, nodding his head. "Yeah, sorry. Uh, what's the word?" Stiles cleared his throat, looking at the ipad. "Anachronism." Stiles said just as Will fell asleep, his head falling onto Stiles' shoulder.

Stiles looked down at Will and sighed. "Oh, great. You too." Scott turned to Stiles and Will, scrunching his face. "You're not gonna wake him up?"

Stiles pursed his lips and shook his head. "No... no. But I probably couldn't anyway. Heavy sleeper." As soon as those words left Stiles' mouth, the bus road over a speed bump, making Will's head barely lift off Stiles' shoulder before slamming back down.

Will groaned, lifting his head off of Stiles' shoulder. Stiles patted his shoulder as Will rubbed his eyes. "You're okay, Bubba." Stiles said playfully before turning to Scott. "Now, come on, Scott. Anachronism." Stiles said again and Scott sighed. "Something that exists out of its normal time."

Stiles nodded, swiping to the next word. "Nice. Okay, next word... incongruous." Will's face scrunched, having never heard the word before. Scott sighed tiredly, shaking his head. "Um, can you use it in a sentence?"

Stiles let out a huff, nodding his head. "Yes. Yes, I can. It's completely incongruous that we're sitting on a bus right now, on our way to some stupid cross-country meet after what just happened... incongruous."

Scott let out an airy chuckle. "Out of place, ridiculous, absurd." Stiles clicked his tongue, nodding his head. "Perfect. Okay, next word. Um, Darach. Darach, it's a noun."

Will rolled his eyes at Scott's face. "Dude... We have to talk about it sometime, okay?" Stiles nodded in agreement with Will. "And we're gonna be stuck in this thing for, like, five hours, so why not?" Will's face dropped as he turned to Stiles. "Five hours?!"

Stiles turned to Will slowly, giving him a dull look. "Yes, Will. Five hours. Get with the program. Next word. Next word... Intransigent." Will groaned, putting his head back on Stiles' shoulder.

"Stubborn, obstinate." Scott said as the bus ran over another speed bump, making the bus shake. Scott groaned in pain, making Will lift his head off Stiles' shoulder, both boys turning to him.

"Oh, buddy, you okay?" Will asked and Scott only answered with another groan, making Stiles scoff. "We shouldn't have come. I knew it. We shouldn't have come."

"We had to. There's safety in numbers." Scott mumbled

Yeah, well, there's also death in numbers, okay? It's called a massacre... Or bloodbath, carnage, slaughter, butchery, wow, that's..." "I think that's enough." Will whispered and Stiles nodded, turning back to Scott. "All right, Scott... I'm telling Coach that we-" "No. No, no, no. I'm all right."