Practice Makes Perfect

Stephanie woke up the next morning to someone lightly shaking her

Stephanie woke up the next morning to someone lightly shaking her. She groaned tiredly, opening her eyes to see Melissa giving her a soft smile. Stephanie's brows furrowed as she looked around the hospital room. "Where's my mom?"

"She decided to let you get some rest here. You're gonna need to head to school soon though, Stephanie. It's the first day." Melissa said softly but her voice was loud enough to wake up Isaac who had curled into Stephanies side. Stephanie shook her head, rubbing her eyes. "I'm gonna stay here. My first period is helping the office and there's usually nothing on the first day."

Melissa sighed, turning to Isaac. "We need to check if you healed." Isaac nodded, lifting up his hospital gown. Melissa slowly unwrapped his side and Stephanie sighed. "Yeah. Yeah, that's healing. Wow." Stephanie muttered, watching as the scratches on Isaac's side healed by the second. Melissa shook her head at the sight. "They can't see this. Nobody can see this."

Isaac sighed, shutting his eyes. "All right, cover it up." Stephanie quickly nodded, helping Melissa rewrap him as the woman shook her head. "I-I don't think that's gonna matter. I mean, you're scheduled for surgery, which is obviously gonna be very confusing for a lot of people."

"Okay, can you do something?" Isaac asked in a hopeful voice, looking up to Melissa who just laughed at his question. "Me do something? I'm relatively new to all of this. And there's a sheriff's deputy that's stationed right outside the door. Have you tried calling Derek?"

Isaac sighed, shaking his head. "Like, five times." Melissa sighed, crossing her arms. "Do you have any other emergency werewolf contacts?" Stephanie but her lip nervously, looking to Isaac who already knew what she was thinking. He nodded his head, making Stephanie look up to Melissa. "I can get Scott."

...

One thing was for sure, Stephanie Saticoy-Miller was not a runner.

But considering she had no car, she ran to the school from the hospital and when she got to the High School, her eyes fell on the doors opening, Scott practically running out. When he saw Stephanie, he quickened his pace, running towards her and his bike.

"You... I... Hospital... Now... Isaac..." Stephanie mumbled, trying to catch her breath as she rested her hands on her knees. Scott chuckled at her, throwing her his extra helmet as he got onto his motorbike.

"I know. Hop on."

...

"Why didn't you tell me before?" Scott complained to his mom as the three walked down the hall of the hospital. Melissa sighed, shrugging. "Honestly, I was hoping I didn't have to. And Sabrina called Stephanie last night and told her."

"You've known all night?!" Scott whisper yelled to Stephanie who glared at him. "Why do you think I haven't gone to school yet?" Melissa quickly tapped Scott's shoulder to have him look at her. "I told her not to call you when she first found out." Scott's face softened, looking at his mom with confused eyes. "What do you mean?"