Chapter 7 - Hyun Nam

The mark was gone the next day when she woke up. Hyun Nam resisted telling anyone who asked her about it, though the only one who asked or noticed was the maid last night who vowed to not say a word after giving Hyun Nam a pack of ice. The following days, Father acted as if the incident didn't happen; Hyun Nam wasn't surprised for her father had done this before. However, she doesn't know where she is standing right now; all she knows is her father is more cautious of her actions. Since the day Jeno texted her, he had only texted once more, asking for book recommendations. Hyun Nam was grateful he didn't text her anymore, so she didn't have to ignore his text messages because of her father.

"A concert?" Hyun Nam asked Father.

"Yes, it's one of SM's girl group. Aespa, if you've heard of them," he answered.

"When? Wher-"

"I will send the details to your tablet. You must come. No questions asked. I'm off to work," Father cut Hyun Nam off before leaving for work. Surprisingly, she received a kiss on her head from her father. Maybe he thought it was a way of saying sorry for the slap a few days ago, but she didn't think about it too much; she had to go to a concert.

The concert was going to be held that night at 7 pm. The venue was a stadium not far from home, so she knew she should go at 6 pm. Her father's secretary left her an 'Executive Pass' card; he said she could access all the venue's areas with that card; it even had a Choi K Group logo. "Your father will come later on at around 8," Father's secretary said before leaving her. The thought of her father coming more than an hour later than Hyun Nam scared her. The concert would not only be her first time meeting Aespa face to face and have an actual conversation with them; it was her first concert as well. Since she was a young girl, she would never be allowed to go to concerts, and this was the first time her dad's company invested in an entertainment company. She would prefer her father's presence at the venue even though she didn't want to be near him these days.

"Dear, I heard you're going to a concert and your father, too?"

Mother stepped into Hyun Nam's room at the right time.

"And I'm totally nervous. I don't even know what to wear," Hyun Nam sighed and plopped down on her bed. She came and sat beside Hyun Nam, giggling. "I'm here; let's get ready. Isn't that what mothers are for?" she smiled and held Hyun Nam's cheeks in her hands, who returned her smile.

The concert venue was huge. Fans were standing up and cheering enthusiastically, waiting for their favorite idols to come on stage. Though there were still many people still waiting in line to get in, the number of people already seated or standing was amazing. Rows and rows of fans come in, carrying lightsticks, banners, or signs to cheer on Aespa. She even felt emotional standing beside the stage, overlooking the whole place. If she was standing on that stage, Hyun Nam knew she would cry tears of happiness because of the support she's getting. "Ms. Hyun Nam, the members of Aespa, are in their dressing rooms. It's best if you come to visit before they are up on stage in 15 minutes," one of Hyun Nam's bodyguards bowed, and she followed. The backstage was filled with people rushing around, getting missing props, surveying the stage from below; one was rushing to where Hyun Nam was going to carrying refreshments.

The room was not too big, but it fit all the stylists, the members, the snack tables, and the couches one member was sitting on. The members all looked a bit older than Hyun Nam; maybe one was younger. As she entered the room, the members immediately turned their heads, though confused the one entering was not one of the staff. Until they turned their gaze to the pass, Hyun Nam was wearing.

"Oh my, we're sorry. Hello!" one of them scrambled to stand up and bowed while the other followed. She was caught off guard by the sudden movement.

"Oh, it's okay, hello! You don't need to do that. I assure you, I'm younger, and this pass doesn't mean much," Hyun Nam said, trying to reassure the members but rethinking her words, scared she came off as rude or arrogant. They giggled and came over to Hyun Nam. They looked taller now than when they bowed, but Hyun Nam was still at eye-level with them.

"I came here to wish you good luck; you all look magnificent. And, I think we met the other day? I was the daughter speaking on stage," Hyun Nam turned to a familiar girl, and she excitedly nodded.

"Oh yes, my name is Winter. Well, Minjeong," she smiled sweetly and shook Hyun Nam's hand while the other's did the same. Hyun Nam was amazed by their beauty and kindness; they looked intimidating on screen. After a short talk, they left to go on stage. The bodyguards led Hyun Nam to an empty room labeled 'Guest Room.' The room was a big couch, and a tv propped in front of it, showing the stage, angles changing from time to time. Her two bodyguards left her in the room alone; they were probably outside the room, keeping anybody out. However, somebody did come in while Aespa was talking to their fans. Not one but many. Hyun Nam thought it was Father, but it was still 7.45, and he usually comes late if not on time. Hyun Nam gasped in silence. A familiar face came in as well as 6 other men. When I just wanted to avoid you, dad will not be pleased.

As the door closed, the 7 men sat on the couch but wondering who the girl was. "Hyun Nam!" Jeno called. Hyun Nam sighed quietly, still hiding her face, before turning to Jeno. "Hi! How are you? And I'm guessing these are you, group members?" Hyun Nam smiled as wide as possible, trying to hide the fact she was worried Father would come in at any moment. "You know her?" one of them asked suspiciously. Hyun Nam and Jeno both nodded. "Well, good, it's very nice to meet you. Jeno's friend is ours as well. I'm Jaemin," the boy nearest to Hyun Nam smiled, extending his hand. Hyun Nam was taken relieved they were nice like Jeno. She gladly shook it. One by one, they stood up to shake Hyun Nam's hand, who was happy she was making more friends.

Hyun Nam tried to make small talk, but they were leading the conversation. Jeno's fellow members were more talkative than Jeno. Though she sometimes didn't understand what they're talking about, they try to explain and include her.

"So, are you all close to Aespa?" Hyun Nam asked.

They all nodded.

"We hung out a lot; they're like our sisters," Mark answered.

The door opened once more; now, the devil presents himself.

"Father," Hyun Nam bowed while NCT Dream stood up to do as well, even though only Jeno knows who the man standing there was. Father looked suspiciously at the boys and Hyun Nam, wondering why she was in a room filled with men. But he fought his rising anger by focusing on the man standing behind him. "Hyun Nam, look who's here," Father smiled proudly and stepped aside. The last person she wouldn't want to see right now was standing with a huge smile plastered on his face and flowers. "Hello, Hyun Nam. I hope you're doing well," Kang Dae smiled.

-----------------------------------------------------

Author: If you enjoyed the chapter, don't forget to vote! Leave any comments/DMs for feedback, I would very much appreciate them. Thank you once again <3