Chapter 9 - Hyun Nam

The 'date' wasn't a total disappointment. Even though Hyun Nam had to go with Kang Dae, the food was very delicious. She woke up with a satisfying smile for the most delightful food that had entered her stomach the night before, but it curved into a frown, knowing she will have to go on a date with Kang Dae soon in the future. To take her mind off Kang Dae, Hyun Nam decided to take her breakfast elsewhere. One of Mother's bakeries was near the house, and it was the perfect length from the house and to the local library. Though her mother didn't bake all the pastries, all of the recipes resulted from her mother's never-ending baking practices in the kitchen. Before she opened her bakeries, Hyun Nam's mother would bake pastries for the family. Hyun Nam loved cakes and sweets, one of the reasons being her mother.

    When you enter the bakery, the smell of freshly baked bread fills the air. Hyun Nam's favorite time to visit was the morning when the pastries were just fresh out of the oven. There were little to no people in the bakery; Hyun Nam saw only two men sitting down at a table on the opposite side of the entrance.

    "Ms. Hyun Nam! Lovely to meet you this morning, would you like the usual?" the girl at the counter smiled brightly. She was one of the oldest employees in the bakery. She has been working since she was merely a high school student.

    "Yes, that would be great," Hyun Nam nodded and took a seat by the window. That was her favorite spot. A spot where she could see people doing their daily routines and see cars pass. They looked lively, and she loved that.

    "Well, we must be destined to meet, or I don't know how to explain this."

Hyun Nam turned to find the man standing behind her, putting on the rare smile with the single arcs on his face. She gasped, not believing what she was seeing, and Jeno chuckles at her reaction.

    "What are you doing here?" Hyun Nam beamed.

    "I wanted to go to the library today but thought a breakfast here would be nice. Jaemin insisted on coming; he wanted to get away from the agency building for a while," Jeno nods at Jaemin who waved at Hyun Nam. Jaemin must be the closest to Jeno in the group.

    "Do you want to sit with us?" he asked. Hyun Nam wanted to but was it safe. Were any employees spies here? Was there one watching her right now? She shooed the thought away; she won't be making any friends with that always lingering around her mind. Hyun Nam nodded and brought her things to their table, where Jeno dragged a chair for Hyun Nam, placing it next to his.

    "Artists having free time in the morning? What is this rarity?" Hyun Nam joked, knowing that boy/girl group members weren't the freest people on earth.    

    "The others have a separate shooting right now, and the both of us just finished a commercial; it started at around 4 am," Jeno said, and Hyun Nam winced at the thought of being in front of cameras at 4 am. She, of course, was always in front of cameras when she has press conferences, etc. But to wake up and directly be shooting a commercial was insane.

    "I have a shooting in 3 hours, but Jaemin here needs to go to a drama shooting in 1 hour," Jeno nudged Jaemin with a smirk, who replied with an eye roll.

An hour must've passed because Jaemin was leaving; they were so into their talk that they didn't realize. "I'll see you soon, Hyun Nam," Jaemin waved at her but only gave a teasing flying kiss to Jeno, who pretended to gag. After Jeno paid the bill (even asking to pay Hyun Nam's but she didn't want him to and because she didn't have to pay), they both left to the library, Hyun Nam's car following from afar. They both had their cups of coffee in hand while they talked, but Hyun Nam was a bit resistant to drinking hers; it was Jaemin's order (he had asked her to try order one), and she did not like it. The library was thankfully open, and Hyun Nam could see Hae Won, the librarian, sitting on her chair, probably playing a game of solitaire again.

"Good morning, Hae Won," Hyun Nam greeted, and Hae Won smiled at her before giggling seeing Hyun Nam walking with a boy. She noticed and quickly hushed Hae Won, Hyun Nam's cheeks bright red. "This series is amazing. You have to read it. You like romance, right?" he asked, leading Hyun Nam to a shelf in the library. "I'm surprised you remembered. Yes, I do enjoy romance. I will check this out," Hyun Nam grinned. By checking this out, she meant she would buy it from the library's computer. If she borrowed it right there, her father would know. While Jeno was telling Hyun Nam about the books, a group of men came running into the library; everybody turned around. The group of men was wearing suits, and they didn't look too friendly. They came up to the librarian, asking her questions. Hyun Nam noticed two familiar men.

"Jeno..." Hyun Nam whispered shakingly after gulping.

"Hm?" he asked, still confused about what on earth was happening.

"Go, now," Hyun Nam said silently and grabbed Jeno's arm. She walked faster and faster, around the back of the library. "Have you seen this girl here?" Hyun Nam heard one of them ask Hae Won, who tried to hide her shaking hands. They must've not believed Hae Won because they began searching the library. The bodyguards had their monthly rounds, which were always random. It was okay if Hyun Nam was there, but getting caught with Jeno? Her father will have the wrong idea, and she'll be doomed. "Jeno, come on," Hyun Nam held his arm tighter and began walking faster, almost running. Two guards blocked the entrance, standing there to keep guard. There was no other choice. Jeno and Hyun Nam slipped into the staff door. Hearing footsteps, Hyun Nam sprint through the storage room door, Jeno following closely behind. The staff door swung open; the footsteps draw near. She didn't want to, but that was the only place safe. She pulled Jeno to the locked room at the storage room.

"Wha-"

"Shh," Hyun Nam put a finger to her lips, taking the key from her bag. The key slipped in, and they entered the darkroom just in time the men came in the storage room. Hyun Nam had locked the door so that they couldn't enter.

"She's not here either," one man announced.

"Maybe she's left. Mr. Jungho isn't here either. Check again, though," the other responded. Hyun Nam held her breath, looking through the slit built in the door. Their shadows grow smaller as they checked every corner of the storage room. One guard noticed the locked door, and Hyun Nam pulled Jeno down with her to the floor, stumbling a bit.

"Is there a key for this?" he said, holding the handle that wasn't opening.

"We don't. But it's probably just a place where the janitor rest," another guard answered. Hyun Nam could hear the guard walking away. One by one, the shadows disappear, and the storage room closes. She waits for a few seconds before turning the lights on. She just realized how tight she was holding Jeno to her body; she was too worried about her father's body guards. She felt his body graze hers; his arms were placed almost near her legs because of the stumble. His face just a few inches from her. She could feel his heart pounding with the hand she had on his shirt, pulling tightly to protect him from the guards. In the silence, she could hear hers as well.

"Didn't know you are the type to do this to a guy you just met for a few times," Jeno held in a laugh; she sensed him looking down at where her hand was still tightly gripping his shirt.

-----------------------------------------------------

Author: If you enjoyed the chapter, don't forget to vote! Leave any comments/DMs for feedback, I would very much appreciate them. Thank you once again <3