Chapter 29 - Hyun Nam

The three sisters waited patiently for their brother to arrive. They have an answer for him and they were ready for what's to come. Father left for London to deal with "a business offer" though the sisters knew he was taking care of their mother's assets. As usual, Ilsung came in style with his signature sunglasses. Ilsung made heads turn, both men and women, and he looked proud of the impact he had on people.

"It's a very good morning indeed seeing your beautiful faces," Ilsung grinned and took a seat across them. He browsed the menu for a couple of minutes before ordering breakfast, slipping a flirtatious remark for the waitress who walked away with reddening cheeks.

"No school?" Ilsung asked Hyun Nam who shook her head.

"I just started my winter break last week, but I'm already looking into the syllabus of next term," Hyun Nam smiled. She appreciated that Ilsung was trying to care for and get to know her, she already created an emotional attachment to him.

"We have an answer already," Eunkyung said, breaking the silence between the two. Ilsung's caring smile turned into a curious smirk. He turned around to his older sister and arched his eyebrows, waiting for the answer they promised they would give him.

"We want to join in," Eunkyung stated, letting Ilsung smile with relief. Though he said he would still go on with his plan without his sisters (and also promising to protect them from what will happen), he knew having 4 people working on it gave him composure. Especially if the other three were his family.

"So what are we going to do, Ilsung?" Hyun Nam asked curiously. Ilsung looked back to his younger sister, lifting up his sunglasses to reveal glowing eyes.

"We're going to Tokyo," he replied with a grin.

---

"Ilsung, do you miss your mother?" Hyun Nam asked her brother. Both her sisters were to attend a meeting at their offices and Hyun Nam wanted to spend some time with her brother so she asked him to drive her to the library.

After those words left her mouth, she realized how stupid she sounded. Of course, someone would miss their mother if they lived far away from each other, Hyun Nam did as well.

"Surprisingly, not that much. But I sure do miss the meals we shared as a family," Ilsung answered. Hyun Nam didn't expect that answer, she nodded quietly as his brother drove. It felt like forever. She kept on thinking of questions to ask him. She knew she was curious, but the questions she has been thinking about all this time never came through her mind at that moment.

"How are you feeling? About your mother?" he asked, glancing to Hyun Nam before placing his eyes back on the road.

"I'm starting to feel her being gone. Home feels so different without her around," Hyun Nam shrugged. She knew Ilsung was worried he asked the wrong question from his face. Hyun Nam didn't mind the question at all so she constructed her answer to show that.

"Tell me about your life. School, dreams, friends. Anything you feel okay to share," Ilsung's charming smile came back.

"Well, school is alright. I'm on my last semester before graduating next June. Then I'm taking my master's degree after a one-year gap," Hyun Nam answered.

"It's good to know you're all planned out," Ilsung paused, stopping at the traffic light before proceeding to drive again.

"A boyfriend?" Ilsung asked. A laugh came out of his mouth when he saw Hyun Nam's reaction to his question.

"Hey, hey... You don't have to answer the question with your face all red like a tomato," Ilsung laughed, covering his mouth with one hand trying to keep it in check. Hyun Nam looked away, not able to show her face. She bit her lip to stop herself from smiling, though she didn't know why she was his face passed by her thoughts.

"You don't have to answer that. I'm just glad I have a younger sister I can be protective of. You know, the whole interrogation thing when you introduce your boyfriend to your older siblings, especially an older brother," Ilsung smiled. With what he said, Hyun Nam's face turned from embarrassment to joy. She looked back at Ilsung and smiled. Her eyes glowed showing how happy she was that her older brother acknowledged her as his sister.

"Besides, I only have a younger brother. Not really much I can do with the interrogation part especially the fact that he lives miles away from me," Ilsung continued.

"What about you? Work, friends, family, or maybe girlfriend. Tell me," Hyun Nam mischievously smiled and poked Ilsung playfully.

"I wouldn't go around flirting with waitresses if I had a girlfriend, Hyun Nam," he reminded her of his flirtatious behavior. She forgot about it for a while being too distracted by how fun they were having.

"I own a couple of businesses and I will definitely bore you if I mention them one by one. My day job is architecture. I'm quite a famous one," he winked at Hyun Nam making her scoffed at his bragging and burst out laughing.

"I'm serious. Anyways, I have one younger brother beside you three and my dad, well you know"

"How about friends? You seemed to be very friendly to people to have someone let you eat free at their restaurant," Hyun Nam joked.

"Trust me, those are partners, not friends. Two different things. I know this is kind of sad, but I think I only had one true friend."

"Aww... Like a best friend?" Hyun Nam smirked.

"Yes. Like a best friend. But it's been a while since I've seen him. I don't even know where he is right now," for the first time since Hyun Nam saw Ilsung, she saw a streak of sadness appear on his face before he erased it with his glowing smile.

"So, Tokyo?" Hyun Nam tried to change the subject. Ilsung grinned at her.

"I have a lot of partners there. Ones that won't mind seeing our father fall."

-----------------------------------------------------

Author: If you enjoyed the chapter, don't forget to vote! Leave any comments/DMs for feedback, I would very much appreciate them. Thank you once again <3