Chapter 41 - Jeno

She was freezing. He definitely could tell.

    "She's my friend," Jeno said to the bodyguard and quickly grabbed Hyun Nam's wrist, leading her inside the gates. Before she could say anything else, he took off his scarf and placed it around Hyun Nam's neck before getting a pair of gloves from his bag and placing them on Hyun Nam's hands.

    "Why are you here? It's almost midnight and it's freezing cold," Jeno sighed at Hyun Nam who looked away, mumbling something. Jeno was happy she was here now, but if she had come a bit later, she would've gone back alone and cold.

    "What did you say?" Jeno asked Hyun Nam. She turned to him, looking him straight in the eye with those sad eyes.

    "I wanted to see you," Hyun Nam said and immediately it felt like his heart had been struck by lightning. Jeno coughed in embarrassment before smiling.

    "Well, the feeling's mutual," he said and grabbed her wrist, walking with Hyun Nam to the car.

    "No, can we go somewhere private? I want to talk to you," Hyun Nam stopped making Jeno turn around. He was caught off guard and an 'okay' just came out of his mouth.

    "You guys go ahead," Jeno successfully persuaded his manager to leave him alone with Hyun Nam at the venue, not wanting to hold up his friends from enjoying their New Year's. The venue was nearly empty, only a couple of people from the cleaning staff were packing up. People gave him compliments for his performance earlier as they passed him backstage but their eyes fell to the girl he was holding with confusion and surprise. Jeno brought her under the stage, smiling as he helped Hyun Nam get on the stage.

    "Nobody's here, we're safe," Jeno reassured her and began walking down the platform, now holding Hyun Nam's hand.

    "I'm sorry I said that the other day, I didn't mean it," Hyun Nam started, Jeno let out a small chuckle and shook his head.

    "I know you didn't. It's okay, we say things we don't mean sometimes," Jeno replied and sat on the end of the platform, bringing Hyun Nam to the space next to him. Their feet dangled down, Jeno imagined his fans who were singing their songs right in front of him, it brought a smile to his face.

    "May I ask why you were mad?" Jeno stared at Hyun Nam, searching for an answer, but she just looked away. Jeno began to think of reasons himself. Were there problems at home? Problems with her sisters? Or were there problems with him? He began replaying the last time he met Hyun Nam in the court waiting room. Nothing was wrong with that, they both left with smiles on their faces.

    "I want to say it to you, but I know you'll be mad at me."

    "I won't get mad at you, I'll never get mad at you even if you push me off a cliff."

    Hyun Nam smiled, blushing at his reply.

    "How about a few days earlier? You were mad at me, right? When I said I didn't want to come."

    "Mad and annoyed are two different things. Honestly, I was just sad," Jeno's smiled turned into a frown, remembering the tear that streamed down his face while he stared at the ceiling alone after calling Hyun Nam.

    "It's about a friend of yours. A very close friend of yours."

    "What? Jaemin? What did he do to you?" Jeno's eyebrows narrowed and he had his arms folded, ready to run after Jaemin and punch him.

    "No, not him. He's great. It's Winter, Jeno."

    Jeno paused and arched his eyebrows.

    "Hm? Winter? You don't like her?"