Chapter 48 - Hyun Nam

She didn't know how to bring it up, would he be mad or sad? Or would he just break up with her at that moment? But she had to try, she didn't dare leave without telling him anything. Hyun Nam walked into the artist lounge right when Winter and Jeno were laughing, but jealousy appeared inside of her because Jeno immediately ran to Hyun Nam when he met her eyes.

"I could've picked you up," Jeno pouted, holding her hand. Hyun Nam just smiled and shook her head, saying that it was okay.

"Can we go somewhere else?" Hyun Nam said, without batting an eye to Winter, not wanting to make Winter feel that she wasn't wanted around.

"Definitely," Jeno smiled and pinched Hyun Nam's cheeks before coming over to Winter. Hyun Nam gave her a little wave, which Winter replied with a bright smile. It gave Hyun Nam a sense of relief that Winter didn't feel offended when she asked to leave with Jeno for a moment.

"So what is it?" Jeno asked, putting on his coat as they walked out to the balcony where Hyun Nam watched the sunset with Jaemin a few weeks ago. Their hands were holding each other but well hidden in Jeno's pocket. The afternoon cool breeze made Hyun Nam feel less scared of what might happen after her announcement. She took a deep breath before starting to tell Jeno everything that Father did to her. She was shocked that her name was already gone from the tab, along with her sisters. Father worked quickly. However, Hyun Nam left out a single detail, that Jeno was the reason. She didn't want Jeno to feel guilty, though she would probably thank him because now she can move out.

"Wow, I'm sorry to hear that," he said, but Hyun Nam smiled in response.

"Mmm, I'm actually feeling quite okay about everything," Hyun Nam shook her head which brought Jeno to look at Hyun Nam's smiling, bright face.

"I have something to tell you. I'm moving to Busan, Jeno. Probably in two days, I don't know. Ilsung's friend already found a place for me and my sisters," Hyun Nam said, not looking at Jeno but at the view in front of them. She didn't dare to look at him but her smile hid her nervousness.

"Oh."

Hyun Nam realized that Jeno could misunderstand her expression so she hurriedly turned to Jeno and waved her arms around.

"Wait! I didn't mean that I'm happy leaving you! I was just nervous."

"Yeah, I was thinking about that actually," Jeno laughed at Hyun Nam's flustered face. They went back to the silence, it would be so much better if Jeno said something so Hyun Nam stared at him, asking for a response. Hyun Nam began to poke Jeno's arm slowly.

"What are you thinking about? Please you're killing me," Hyun Nam whined and winced, slipping her hand in Jeno's pocket to hold his hand tighter. Jeno gave Hyun Nam a soft smile and stroked her hair with his free hand.

"Busan is like what? 3 hours? I'll go there, give you a big hug and a kiss, then come back," Jeno smirked, exactly knowing what effect he would have on Hyun Nam as he teased her.

---

Exactly two days later, they left. No furniture was brought, only their personal belongings. Father wasn't there to say goodbye, they didn't tell him where they were going; as he would care anyway. The moving company was owned by another one of Ilsung's friends so they cleared up that day just to help out the sisters. But before they got to the train, Jeno and Hyun Nam went to the local library for the last time.

"It's been a while, Hyun Nam! I dusted your books so they were still clean," Hae Won, the librarian smiled but her smile curved into a frown when Hyun Nam broke the news.

"I'm sorry, for notifying you right on the day. I'll come back often though, just to see you," Hyun Nam smiled. Hae Won almost didn't notice Jeno's presence behind Hyun Nam but chose to avoid asking questions, afraid of making them both uncomfortable. Jeno had brought two big boxes inside the storage room. One by one, the two brought stacks of books into the boxes.