Chapter 46 - Hyun Nam

Jeno's flight was in the evening so he wished her a good flight at the hotel lobby. It was 5 am in the morning and the four siblings left for the airport on a good note. The meetings were done and they just had to wait for the final decisions from the investors.

"So, yesterday you went on a date?" Ji Hyeon winked at Hyun Nam, nudging her sister's shoulder playfully.

"It's a good thing he brought you back early, I would be furious if you came back past 11 without any warning," Eunkyung said while eating her breakfast.

"My little sister is now dating my best friend? I'm happy for you but why him out of all the guys in the world?" Ilsung groaned, and couldn't bear listening to anything about their date. He said it sent chills through his spine.

"Well-"

Ilsung's phone rang and the name on it was his assistant's.

"I have to take this. It may be about the investors," Ilsung said and left the table. Jihyeon began asking about the date, especially because she's a fan of his. Hyun Nam told everything from the books to the dinner, not telling the romantic parts because she just wanted to keep it a secret between the two, it was more special that way. After 10 minutes, Ilsung came back. His face was filled with anger and frustration, it could not have been good news and Hyun Nam has never seen Ilsung angry before, it was terrifying.

"Oh no, what's wrong? What did she say?" Eunkyung asked, putting down her spoon.

"The fucking investors pulled out, we only have four on board," Ilsung rubbed his face as if trying to get rid of the bad luck from his body.

"Is that not enough?" Hyun Nam asked.

"We had almost twenty two investors on our list, two will never be enough for our plan," Eunkyung shook her head in disbelief.

"I thought we were doing so well. They looked like they were going to join us during the meetings," Ji Hyeon frowned. For some reason, it didn't hit Hyun Nam that hard. She laid back on the chair she was sitting on and thought of what might happen next. Would they go ahead with the plan they talked about before leaving for Tokyo? She was now imagining if they actually just moved away. They would be so happy living alone. The airport didn't give them enough time to think about their next move as they were called to board their flight.

Ilsung was watching a comedy show with an emotionless face, Jihyeon was enjoying the business class meals (trying to forget about what happened at the airport), and Eunkyung was sleeping her thoughts away. Hyun Nam stared out the window. How can she bring up the idea again, and now to Ilsung? But they wouldn't be getting revenge at all, Hyun Nam was okay about it actually. She felt she could be happier if just lost contact with her father and lived her life alone in the suburbs. Hyun Nam would feel like she was living with Mother, working on the flowers and plants in a small garden behind her small house. However, Father tried to kill Ilsung and she understood if Ilsung was going to try something else. But she was tired as well, she really didn't know what she would do next.

---

The ride home was quiet. Ilsung had went back to his hotel in a car he ordered while Mr. Jungho picked up the sisters to drive them back home. 

"Thank you, Mr. Jungho," Eunkyung said as they all entered the house. One of the butlers was already waiting for them at home, it was still 9 am but they felt so tired.

"Oh, Hyun Nam. Your father's looking for you in his office," the butler said and the three sisters froze, their sulking faces turned into an expression of shock.

"He's home already?"

"Actually after the day you all went to Tokyo," the butler replied and he left them for the kitchen.

"Shit, shit. Why is he calling me? Did he find out about the plan?" Hyun Nam worriedly asked her sisters in a hushed voice, afraid her father was listening in on their conversation right now.

"No, if it was about the plan, he would've called the three of us," Eunkyung replied, but that didn't make Hyun Nam feel better. She alone did something wrong but she didn't know what.

"We're praying for you," Jihyeon said as Hyun Nam walked away to enter her father's office.

His office was not as dark as usual, which brought a sense of relief to Hyun Nam. The windows were open, letting sunlight devour the floors and walls. The room became less scary. Father, however, was looking out the window with his back facing the door. He would do this every time he had something important he wanted to say.

"Hyun Nam, my youngest," he began, without facing his daughter who was standing in the middle of the room.

"Hi, dad. What's wrong?" Hyun Nam tried speaking without shaking, not showing how nervous she was.

"Do you remember when we would go out of the country together, just the two of us? We would go to the beaches, cities, mountains because I wanted to take you on my business trips. What a precious time that was," his voice drifted away and there was silence until he turned around.

"You followed the steps of your older sisters. You disappointed me. I expected more from you. Do you know you lasted the longest? I taught you so much but it was all for nothing," he sighed and sat down on his chair. Hyun Nam's thoughts immediately went to Jeno. Was something going to her or him? She knew her father's power but he was so unpredictable.

"Lee Jeno. Born in Incheon. Birthdate: April 23, 2000. Height: 178 cm... do you want me to continue or is that enough? This one was fairly easier to find out about than your sisters' boyfriends," he said, dropping the thick file on his desk.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Hyun Nam strongly said, this was one of the few times she was brave enough to lie to her father.

"Still denying it? Ck ck ck," he clicked his tongue, shaking his head, pulling out pictures from

the file. He showed it to her one by one. A few pictures of them at the local library. A picture of them at her mother's bakery. A picture of them in the park after Jeno just got involved in the scandal. A picture of them in front of the hotel in Tokyo. A picture of them walking out of the venue holding hands after the kiss (which thankfully wasn't in the file). A picture of them walking together with Ilsung but thank god he had his back to the camera. A few pictures of them on their date, holding each other close every time they walk around. She had goosebumps thinking someone was taking pictures of her spending time with her boyfriend. Hyun Nam had nothing to say.

"Now all my daughters have broken the most important rule. I even heard you said 'no' to Kang Dae, was it because of Lee Jeno?" Father said, Hyun Nam hated how Father said Jeno's name like he was something disgusting. She wanted to shut him up.

"And what are you going to do? Hit me again?" Hyun Nam blurted out, she couldn't believe she was saying this to her father. The man who she feared almost her entire life.

"No, no. I'll be wasting my time. You're officially unenrolled from your university. The three of you have your name changed legally. You are all under the surname Hwang now. You're cut off from the inheritance and from the tab. I don't care what you do after this. I'm giving the company to a young prodigy in the company I've been eyeing for a while," Father said and threw Jeno's file to the trash bin.

Hyun Nam wasn't sad. No tears were present. She had to hide her smile just in case her father would see how happy she was. The only thing she was angry about was her university unenrollment. Almost 4 years for nothing, but she was doing the major only for Father anyways. She didn't care if she didn't carry the Choi name, at least she still had the same surname as her sisters. The inheritance, the money didn't matter now. She could survive this. She could.

-----------------------------------------------------

Author: If you enjoyed the chapter, don't forget to vote! Leave any comments/DMs for feedback, I would very much appreciate them. Thank you once again <3