Chapter 30 - Jeno

For Jeno, it was a miracle that he would be on a small concert tour for a while. It meant that he will have three months to relax and not worry about the threats that were made against him. On the other hand, he wouldn't be going to the library to get new books and would only have three he got the other day to accompany him throughout the whole tour. Though he thought not being able to go to the library to get new books was a reason to be sad, there was more to it that made him didn't want to leave. The tour would start in a week and he only had that little time to spend time around Seoul. Every time Jeno asked Mr. Jungho to meet with him, he would always refuse to. Mr. Jungho always said to him, "the less you know about the plan the better." That didn't give Jeno any kind of relief. Since the boy last called, he has been on edge. He always preferred to go around the city alone or with his group members but now, if he could go with his manager, he would. Though that wouldn't guarantee his safety, too.

"You should really not exhaust yourself too much, you know," Winter mumbled walking in the practice room, giving Jeno his morning coffee. Haechan noticed and shouted that he wanted to be brought morning coffee by a girl too which earned two words from Winter she wouldn't dare say in front of the press or her fans.

"How do you know I'm exhausting myself?" Jeno arched his eyebrows while taking a sip from his cup.

"I see you practicing at 2 am-"

"And why were you here at 2 am?" Jeno smirked, he knew he caught Winter as well.

"Practicing," Winter sighed, rolling her eyes. The two sat down on the floor sipping their drinks, knees to their chests, overlooking some NCT Dream members practicing parts they still needed to work on for the tour.

"In my defense, I don't practice until late every night. In the times I don't come, I won't know if you're practicing, but by the look on your face... I think you still do," Winter criticized.

"Why do you care anyway?" Jeno asked, hiding a mischievous smile.

"You're one of my few friends. I don't want a friend of mine passing out in the middle of a concert now do I?" Winter punched Jeno in the shoulder, hard enough he winced. Jeno nodded jokingly as if not believing her.

"Oh don't be so disgusting. I don't have a thing for you. I don't know who would if they knew how you always ask me to bring you your coffee whenever I go downstairs to the cafe because you're too lazy," Winter made a choking sign which led to Jeno glaring at her.

"Even if  I did, I wouldn't have a chance anyway," Winter said.

"Thank you for that compliment, but I want to ask... why not?" Jeno asked, genuinely curious of what she had to say.

Winter took another sip from her coffee and a soft smile grew on her face.

"You already have someone take that empty spot in there," Winter replied, pointing to Jeno's beating heart.

---

"I WANT A GIRLFRIEND! I'M LONELY!" Jisung hugged Jaemin who, unfortunately, was sitting beside the one member who would go around hugging people every time he was drunk.

"Yes, yes. Announce it to the world Jisung," Renjun chuckled sarcastically. To the group's delight, Jisung did. He actually shouted even louder which brought a side-eye from Jaemin, leading Jisung to sit down in silence (still having his arm around Jaemin's arm).

"Kids our age are eating out with their friends, studying at good colleges, and have the opportunity to date. Well, look at us, drinking in our dorm room," Chenle said and raised his glass to whatever he just said though he already forgot.

"You kids are so adorable," Jeno laughed at Chenle and Jisung who would've fought back if they were conscious enough to. All the members were present except Mark and Haechan who were still having schedules on their own. The five of them sat down on the floor of their living room. Classical music playing quietly in the background while the news channel was turned on the TV.

"I mean... if I must say, the only one of us closest to a girlfriend is this guy right here," Jaemin smirked, nudging Jeno's arm. Jeno instantly turned to Jaemin who still had his mischievous smile on his face. Jeno wanted to be annoyed at his friend for bringing that up, but the only thing coming on his face was a small smile. All heads turned to him.

"Now, I don't know if it's the alcohol but your face is red as hell," Renjun teased, poking Jeno.

"Who is this mysterious girl?" Jisung interrogated.

"What girl group? Or is she not a part of one?" Chenle asked, Jeno shook his head.

"Well, be careful. You never know the scary things sasaengs would do to get in touch with you. Or even just other people," Renjun shrugged.

"What does that mean?" Jeno arched his eyebrows.

"Does she know you're... this?" Chenle pointed at Jeno and all the NCT Dream albums and music show trophies around them. Jeno smiled and nodded.

"Don't be mad when I say this... I'm just trying to protect you. She's not trying to take advantage of you, right?" Renjun said, putting a hand on Jeno's shoulder. He expected Jeno to scoff or worse, burst out of anger. But Jeno looked at Jaemin who was already laughing, dropping to the floor.

"I'm going to be honest. The one who should be worried about being taken advantage of is the girl," Jaemin wiped his tears and smacked Jeno on his back.

"I'm just dust in the wind when she's the absolute sun. Trust me," Jeno smiled. Little did the members know, Jeno was smiling to himself. Her face passed through his mind as he took another sip, still wondering if the alcohol or the thought of her was making his face red.

The phone rang through the laughter. Only one member heard it and pointed it out. Jeno opened his phone and declined it, not knowing who the caller was. But a text message went through. Jeno now remembering his threats began to read what the text said.

"Ah, I see you're leaving Seoul. That's alright, I have plenty of friends to tell me where you are. In the meantime, enjoy the madness I created :)"

Jeno clicked the link sent by the boy and it led to Twitter.

"What is it?" Jaemin asked while the other members continued on joking around. Jeno didn't stop scrolling until Jaemin grabbed Jeno's phone away from his hands. Jeno's face froze, his eyes didn't move, his body stayed in place. He just looked at thousands of tweets made under two trending hashtags.

#DREAMIS6 #KICK_JENO_OUT

-----------------------------------------------------

Author: If you enjoyed the chapter, don't forget to vote! Leave any comments/DMs for feedback, I would very much appreciate them. Thank you once again <3