Chapter 11 - Hyun Nam

It has been almost 2 months since the investment conference. Father was too occupied with Kang Dae and his dad's company to worry about the investment in SM Entertainment. That job was given to Hyun Nam who has been organizing meetings and making the decisions in his father's name. Though she was now very busy with her responsibilities at Choi K Group, Hyun Nam will have to learn to balance her work and her final semester before she's taking her MBA next year. Luckily for Hyun Nam, she has been getting closer with some of the Dream and Aespa members, though she only has a few now, she was happy she had friends, which was something she struggled with since she was a child. She had also been meeting Jeno often, usually in the morning where they would meet at the bakery. However, Hyun Nam wondered when she wasn't coming to the bakery because of work, was Jeno having his morning coffee alone there?

"Hyun Nam?"

She had been lost in her own thoughts. It has been cluttered with all the things going on for her.

"Yes, I'm sorry. What were you saying?" Hyun Nam smiled sweetly at the guy sitting across her at the cafe.

"Are you alright? If you're tired, I'll drive you home," Kang Dae asked. The worry in his eyes looked real, Hyun Nam almost felt bad for him. Almost.

"It's okay. Mr. Jungho is here to pick me up. And yes, I've been exhausted. You know... work and school," Hyun Nam stood up and slung her bag over her shoulder. Kang Dae nodded, understanding her but still feeling quite sad Hyun Nam was leaving him alone, again.

"I should go. Thank you for today and I'm sorry. Really," Hyun Nam smiled and gave him a pat on his shoulder before leaving for her car. Her 'sorry' wasn't only for her early departure, she felt she was apologizing for not being able to return his feelings. For the past month, she had grown to be kinder to Kang Dae. She didn't want to date him, never. But she felt guilty for treating him badly. Though she didn't like him, she didn't have to despise him.

Hyun Nam's phone rang loudly on her way back from university, Mr. Jungho stared at her from the rear-view mirror, they both wondered who it was. She whispered to Mr. Jungho as she opened the phone to see who was calling her and Mr. Jungho nodded as if giving her permission.

"Hello, Jeno," Hyun Nam smiled. It has been a while since they met or called.

"Hey. I don't have any scheduled events for the rest of the night. Want to go out for dinner at the sushi place near the agency?" he asked, Hyun Nam could hear that he was smiling from his voice. She couldn't help but smile wider. Hyun Nam muted the call and asked permission from Mr. Jungho. Surprisingly, he gave her another nod, though she knew he allowed her to go because it's been a while since she went out with her friends. He had been driving her around for work or school the past few weeks, he must've felt bad for her.

"I can go, who's coming with?" Hyun Nam asked.

"I don't know. It'll maybe just be the two of us, but if not, Jaemin is coming as well," Jeno replied, she heard Jaemin shouting "I will!" in the background.

"Oh, he will," Jeno confirmed.

"Okay, see y-"

"Do you want me to pick you up?"

A rush of adrenaline coursed through Hyun Nam's body. Maybe it wasn't adrenaline, maybe it was just the blood rising in her face as she blushed.

"Oh no, it's okay. I'm on my way back from university, Mr. Jungho will drop me there," Hyun Nam answered before saying their goodbyes and hanging up. She held her phone tightly before putting it back in her bag. She couldn't stop smiling, it's been a while. However, she was only brave enough to go out with her guy friends because her father has not been strictly supervising her that much.

"To the sushi place near SM, Mr. Jungho," Hyun Nam smiled and he made U-turn.

Hyun Nam was glad they arrived first, she wasn't too familiar with the area as she had gone to the restaurant only once with Jeno. The restaurant was not as crowded as when she came with him; there were only a group of older women, a couple, and a girl sitting by herself.

"Hi!" Hyun Nam exclaimed and hugged them both.

As soon as the formalities passed, they began to talk about all the things that happened after the last time they met. Hyun Nam was never bored of their practicing and comeback stories. Though they were doing the same routines, there were always some things different. Instead, she was worried they were getting bored of her stories. She only dared to speak about her work and university. Family problems were off-limits to anyone besides, well, her family.

Something peculiar happened while Jeno was telling her how he had slipped rehearsing on stage yesterday. One of the women from the ladies' table looked oddly familiar, Hyun Nam couldn't see her face as she was facing the other way. Her friend stared directly at her and tapped the familiar lady on the shoulder, pointing at Hyun Nam.

Hyun Nam wanted to scream as she saw the familiar lady turning to look at her. She wanted to run and hide under her blanket, too embarrassed to even function anymore. The lady gave Hyun Nam a confused and surprised look but giggled with her friends, beginning to rise from her seat.

"Even Jisung almost slipped and-" Jeno stopped, realizing Hyun Nam hadn't been listening for the last minute. He turned to see what Hyun Nam was looking at but saw the 'what' was already at their table.

"I didn't know you were here. If you, you could've told me. Especially if you were out with these boys. I'm guessing they're your friends," she smiled at both Jeno and Jaemin.

"Hi!" Jeno smiled while they both shook the woman's extended hand. Although Jeno was confused as to who she was, he knew he met her before but didn't know where. He turned back to Hyun Nam, looking for a hint or confirmation, but she closed her eyes shut, thinking it would make her disappear from the surface of the earth. Hyun Nam bit her lip, she did not think it would come to this.

"Jeno, Jaemin... meet my mother. The one and only, Mrs. Jung Mi Young."

-----------------------------------------------------

Author: If you enjoyed the chapter, don't forget to vote! Leave any comments/DMs for feedback, I would very much appreciate them. Thank you once again <3