Chapter 45 - Jeno

It was NCT Dream's last day in Tokyo before leaving tomorrow. Before the whole 'kissing at midnight' situation, they all planned to go around the city but Jeno had other plans in mind. He felt a bit guilty ditching his friends but when does he get the chance to spend the whole day with Hyun Nam?

"Are you guys ready?" Haechan exclaimed to both NCT Dream and Aespa who were out in the hotel hallway, waiting for Mark who was in the toilet. Everybody was already planning on where to go, which restaurants to eat at, what shops to visit.

"Erm, I have urgent plans," Jeno said and everyone turned to him.

"What's wrong? How dare you ditch our free Funday?" Winter said, her betrayed expression same as the one on Haechan's face.

"I have to meet an old friend of mine, it's been a while since we've last met. Please, guys? We still have more than a week for this break, I'll make it up to you, okay?" Jeno clenched his teeth, hoping his short explanation was believable enough.

"Is it Hyun Nam?" Jaemin whispered quietly in Jeno's ear and he smiled at Jaemin as an answer, that was enough for Jaemin to allow his friend to go.

"Whatever, you go do your thing. Don't be mad at us if you feel FOMO when we post fun pictures," Haechan rolled his eyes teasingly and Jeno left the group. It wasn't like he was going to feel left out later, he knew he was going to be very happy.

---

Jeno went to the hotel's restaurant, making sure his friends won't see him meeting Hyun Nam, they would definitely bother her with questions.

"Jeno!" Hyun Nam smiled brightly as she entered the restaurant, waving her arms so Jeno could see her. He stood up to greet her with a big hug, it was the first time they showed signs of affection so freely and they both were happy about that. Only Jeno was wearing a mask and cap, Hyun Nam was wearing a cap but not a mask so Jeno could see her gorgeous smile, he preferred it that way.

"So where are we going?" Hyun Nam asked as they walked out the back entrance of the hotel.

"I've planned the whole day, hopefully, we don't run into my friends," Jeno smiled and pulled Hyun Nam closer to him. As they walked through the streets, people would stare at them and hurriedly look away when Jeno or Hyun Nam catch them. It wasn't because they recognize Jeno, it was because the two looked great in each other's arms. If someone who doesn't know them saw the two together, they would think they were engaged or have been dating for 5 years at least.

The first place Jeno planned to go was a huge book store, heaven for readers like him and Hyun Nam. At the entrance, Hyun Nam came up with the idea that they will meet at the cashier in 1 hour after picking books to buy for each other. Jeno smiled at the idea and agreed, leaving her to go search for the usual romance novels Hyun Nam liked to read. Twice or thrice did they meet each other accidentally, teasingly hiding the books they have chosen for each other. After an hour passed, they both arrived at the cashier. Hyun Nam had a stack of 5 books in her hand while Jeno brought a whole shopping basket of books.

"Now, I feel bad that I gave you only this much," Hyun Nam frowned, looking at the books he had chosen.

"To be fair, you haven't seen my bookshelf so you don't really have a solid idea of what I like. On the other hand, I've seen your secret little library," Jeno reassured Hyun Nam but by seeing the books she chose for him, he liked them already, shocked that she could get his favorite genres on point.

"I know, I know. I did a really good job," Hyun Nam tossed her hair back with a sly smile on her face. They decided, after paying for the books, they would have brunch at the library's cafe while reading a book they bought. Hyun Nam gave Jeno 'Words of the Sky', a book that has been on Jeno's reading list (lucky for Hyun Nam). One of the books Jeno got for Hyun Nam was 'The Stars We Pass by', a new romance novel Hyun Nam hasn't read yet but was very happy to read when she received the book. As they drank their coffees and ate their brunches, they read the books in their hands, sneakily stealing glances at each other, and giggled when they caught each other staring.