Chapter 38 - Hyun Nam

Ilsung greeted them with a grin on his face. It felt like the first time they had met him at that very airport. The sisters gave Mr. Jungho smiles before taking their suitcases and walking into the airport. Heads turned as they passed people, Hyun Nam thought that it was because of Ilsung and how he could've been a major actor/singer. And it turned out to be because of Ilsung, some people stopped them to take pictures with Ilsung. They probably saw someone that looked famous and asked for a picture to show their friends: "Hey, I met a famous guy!" "Who is he?" "I don't know, but he's famous I'm sure." Hyun Nam can just picture it and the conversations these people would have with their friends brought a chuckle out of her.

Her mind was clear of everything. She was focused on the plan right in front of her and her family. Though the invisible string was tugging her again, she now had the ability to push it away farther. A text came right before she was boarding and it was from the other end of the string:

"Safe flight! I'm looking forward to meeting you in Japan," Jeno said with a winky face at the end of his sentence. Hyun Nam just sent "thanks, me too" and that was it. She turned off her phone while the stewardess passed her, doing security checks.

The flight was short, only because she had been asleep the whole time. By how her siblings looked, she knew they had succumbed to fatigue as well. It was around 8 am when they arrived in the beautiful city of Tokyo. A black van was already waiting for them at the gate to lead them to their hotel. This was probably her 5th time in Tokyo but she was never bored with the scenery. The people crossing the roads, the busy sidewalks, and stores. She could spend all day looking at how people were doing their routines.

In their own separate hotel rooms, each sibling sat on their beds, waiting until it was time to go to their first meeting out of the many to come. Hyun Nam scrolled through her phone, trying to find entertainment when a thought crossed her mind. NCT Dream was coming to Tokyo for concerts all around the city, she looked up the dates to find one near her hotel on the day of New Year's. She texted Jaemin to ask if he was already here and it wasn't until she was leaving the hotel that Jaemin replied: "We just landed, Hyun Nam! Do you want to meet up? We still have some free time before rehearsals."

Finding the most suitable time for both individuals, they decided on late lunch at a nearby restaurant near their hotel (coincidentally they were staying at the same one). While waiting for that, she had to sit through the meeting she was attending. It was with one of the biggest food chain restaurants in Asia. Intimidated, Hyun Nam left the talking to Ilsung and Eunkyung. They were naturals and she knew the executives liked them: young people with terrific speaking skills. In under 4 hours of discussion, they had their first ally.

As they left the huge office building. Smiles and laughs appeared on their faces as they hugged each other for their first success. Another meeting was scheduled later on in the evening; it was dinner with Japan's top recording company. Ilsung was trying to get into almost all the different fields in order to take Father down and he had done a good job.

"I'm meeting a friend for lunch," Hyun Nam said to her older siblings while opening her phone to order a car for herself.

"So you're not eating with us?" Eunkyung asked and Hyun Nam shook her head.

"Who is this friend?" Ilsung walked closer to Hyun Nam, she could feel his eyes piercing through her soul from behind.

"He's just a close friend from Seoul and he's in the city right now," Hyun Nam convinced her siblings to let her go and they did with extra information received from her.

"We'll drop you off there on our way to the hotel," Ji Hyeon said and Hyun Nam agreed.

Everywhere they went, they were always taking a black van so it helped Jaemin to recognize the luxurious car that was obviously standing out in the middle of traffic. The restaurant wasn't too big but Jaemin had heard from his other friends that it has good food so he chose for them to go there.