Chapter 26 - Hyun Nam

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I'm coming to Seoul tomorrow, we should meet up. Ask Eunkyung and Ji Hyeon, too," the guy continued. Eunkyung raised her eyebrows asking Hyun Nam what was happening.

"This guy's saying he's our brother," Hyun Nam faltered, passing the phone to Eunkyung.

"Hello? Are you still there?"

"On our mother's funeral day, you decide to pull a prank?" Eunkyung said, her piercing eyes narrowed just like it did when Hyun Nam was praised by Father.

"Oh, who's this? Eunkyung? Ji Hyeon? It's not a prank, trust me. Ask your driver about me. Meet me at the airport tomorrow at 10 am," the guy hung up. Eunkyung scoffed before giving back the phone to her sister.

"So, are we going?"

"Depends, we'll have to ask Mr. Jungho about this. Even though it was a prank, it doesn't hurt to ask, does it?" Eunkyung said and stood up, waking Ji Hyeon. Father was still talking to the last guests, giving the sisters time to interrogate Mr. Jungho who was sitting patiently in the car. After filling Ji Hyeon with the details, the three of them entered the car.

"Are we leaving?" Mr. Jungho asked which Eunkyung replied with a 'no'.

"We want to ask you something," Eunkyung said, pausing before asking her question, which made Mr. Jungho intrigued and looked back at his employer's daughters.

"This may sound ridiculous, but... A man called us, just a few minutes ago and he said to ask you about him," Eunkyung interrogated, she looked over to Hyun Nam let her ask Mr. Jungho the question. Hyun Nam swallowed, nervous for the answer Mr. Jungho would be giving them. If he confirmed it, they would have a brother. If he said it was false, they would deal with the ridiculousness of their overthinking and maybe Mr. Jungho's laugh.

"He said he was our brother and he's coming to Seoul tomorrow. He wanted us to meet him at the airport at 10," Hyun Nam finally said after a while. Mr. Jungho freezed, looking at the two awake sisters (Ji Hyeon was already fast asleep again) to make sure they weren't pranking him, but they seemed genuine. He looked at the road in front of them before looking down. Hyun Nam heard him saying "that silly boy" under his breath.

"We have a brother?" Hyun Nam asked impatiently, this wasn't a small matter. If they did have one, they would feel horrible not knowing him all their lives. Probably confused and angry at their father for not telling them anything. Though knowing all those effects, Hyun Nam was hoping the unknown caller wasn't lying. The three of them always wanted to have a brother, having one would also help them with issues with their Father. Someone to protect them and care for them when their Father couldn't.

Mr. Jungho looked over to the two sisters, eyes stern and hard.

"When we get home, we'll talk in the garage," Mr. Jungho said, seeing their Father on his way to the car.

---

"Brother or no brother?" Ji Hyeon asked her two sisters who were walking towards the garage.

"We're about to find out," Hyun Nam said and opened the garage door where Mr. Jungho was already waiting, sitting down on a wooden stool. The room looked like those interrogation scenes in crime movies. For some reason, Hyun Nam felt like she was the one being interrogated and that made her heart beat faster.

"So?" Eunkyung asked, leaning on the wall with her arms crossed.

"Whatever is said here in this room today stays here. Don't tell anyone, even your father," Mr. Jungho reminded them.

The three of them nodded.

"We get the idea that especially Dad can't know about this... meeting," Eunkyung said and finally took a seat across Mr. Jungho and her sisters took two stools for them, too. If someone were to look at this situation, it looked like when Mr. Jungho would tell them fairytales and stories back when they were just kids. Sitting in the very same room, they would choose to talk to Mr. Jungho rather than playing with their dolls.

Mr. Jungho stared at them before opening his mouth to speak.

"Your father told me to never tell you this, but though he's my boss, I care more about you three than my loyalty to him," Mr. Jungho said.

The atmosphere tightened as the awaited answer came up.

"You do. You have a brother. He's younger than Eunkyung by a couple years. If Eunkyung's 26 now, he's 23. A very charming and handsome boy he is," Mr. Jungho smiled to himself.

"How come we never know of him?" Ji Hyeon asked.

"Your father hid him from the world, he wasn't a child of your mother. He was someone else's," Mr. Jungho disclosed.

"Wait, that means..." Eunkyung asked her sisters.

"What you're thinking right now is correct, Eunkyung," Mr. Jungho sighed, Eunkyung locked her eyes with Mr. Jungho. Her sisters realized what was happening and what it meant. They were in disbelief. Rage was the only thing coursing through their body. No hint of sympathy or relief was present.

"Your father committed infidelity."

The three sisters looked at each other, each of them trying to hold their temper while holding the others', too.

"He cheated on your Mother a few days before Ji Hyeon's birthday party," Mr. Jungho snapped. Their faces were filled with disgust, Mr. Jungho as well. The sisters sat down in that garage, processing what happened. Everyone in that room knew that if those three girls were to walk out of that room, the first thing they would do was to pay a little visit to their father's office. All three of them would be charged with first-degree murder. The only thing holding them back was the thought of their brother. They didn't know how to feel about him. The fact that he was the son of another lady with their father bothered them so much that they felt they didn't want to meet him anymore.

"If you're thinking of not meeting him, you should. He has suffered like all of you have and received those sufferings from the same person. Your father."

 ---

The sisters waited patiently in front of the airport, Mr. Jungho in the car looking over them. It was now 10.06 am, and people started coming out of the gate. Coincidentally, a boy group has just returned from Shanghai (where their brother's are from), so fans were everywhere. The three of them stood out like a sore thumb, they didn't have any banners in their hands and looked cold as ice, not too excited to meet their father's and some random lady's child. A man came before the boy group. He had a tall figure like Kang Dae, but Hyun Nam knew the man would be more charming and ravishing. He wore a suit and had sun-glasses on. He had a silver suitcase and a briefcase placed on top of it. As he saw the three sisters, he smiled and walked over to them before he lifted up his sunglasses. His eyes shined the exact way Father's do but his eyes shined with more pride and youth. His eyes creased with wrinkles as he smiled. Two dimples appeared on his cheeks, exactly the same like Eunkyung's.

"Well hello, my lovely sisters. Take off those chilly looks, it doesn't look good. And of course, I'm here now, you should smile a bit. The bastard child is here," he grinned, pocketing his sunglasses in his suit's pocket.

-----------------------------------------------------

Author: If you enjoyed the chapter, don't forget to vote! Leave any comments/DMs for feedback, I would very much appreciate them. Thank you once again <3