Chapter 42 - Jeno

He held her hand, she held his. They walked out of the stadium with shy smiles on their faces. The pair looked like children rather than young adults who just kissed. Their eyes didn't meet but it didn't mean that their hearts were thundering inside of them. Hyun Nam sensed something different from Jeno. He wasn't scared, he felt confident and brave. Jeno only used a mask, Hyun Nam did too. But it didn't stop him from holding her close to him. He didn't know why he suddenly had the bravery to do that in public. Worry of getting caught wasn't the thing running on his mind, it was the girl next to him.

"So what are we?" Jeno asked the girl as they passed people with drunken laughs and happy smiles on the sidewalk. The girl glanced at the boy and found that he was staring at her for an answer. She looked back to where she was walking to, thinking of an answer.

"We held hands," she started.

"We hugged," Jeno continued.

"And we..."

"Kissed," Jeno smiled teasingly as he saw a flustered look appear on Hyun Nam's face.

"You look cute when your face does that," he blurted out which only led to more reddening cheeks from Hyun Nam who faced away from him.

"Why would you say that? You know how I get with compliments out of nowhere," she said and faced him after she calmed herself down. Jeno just smiled as a reply. They walked in silence for a while until they reached the last turn before they would arrive at the restaurant.

"I'm curious, though. What are we, actually? Friends?" Jeno asked, impatient to know because they were nearing their friends.

"Close friends...?"

"Or are we romantically affiliated, ma'am? The press will probably say shit like that when they see us," Jeno said and an unexpected laugh came from Hyun Nam which brought Jeno to a laugh, too. Hyun Nam had the effect of making people smile when they see her laugh. Jeno didn't know if it affected everyone she meets but it definitely did to him. As they stopped in front of the restaurant, they could see their friends at the very back of the restaurant through the glass windows. They didn't notice Jeno and Hyun Nam, probably because of the bottles on the table in front of them.

"Let's talk about this later," Jeno said and gave a cheeky wink to Hyun Nam.

"Such a tease," she replied the wink with a sneaky smile and they let go of each other before entering the restaurant. Nobody noticed the idol coming into the restaurant; they were either too drunk or too into the loud conversations they were having.

"THERE'S MY FAVORITE COUPLE!" Jaemin exclaimed when he saw Hyun Nam and Jeno, hugging them both tightly.

"You guys are a couple?" Winter asked with a curious smile, it looked like she was the only one sober besides Ning Ning and Mark. Hyun Nam and Jeno looked at each other before agreeing to shake their heads while shooting a look at Jaemin, acting like he was crazy which made Winter laugh.

"Ahhh, Hyun Nam! W-we've never hung out properly, and the first time we do... you see us drunk," Renjun smirked before hugging Haechan who was half-awake next to him. Secret smiles grew on Hyun Nam and Jeno as they sat down next to each other; their knees touching, their shoes playing with each other, and eventually, their hands found each other again.

---

"My girl is an amazing drinker. Oh. My God. That's hot you know," Jeno smiled a bit too close to Hyun Nam's face as they were alone outside waiting for their car. The rest left to go back to the hotel but Jeno and Hyun Nam had to wait for Jaemin who had a stomachache and is currently fighting for his life on the toilet seat inside.

"Thank you, my mom taught me. Anyways, my girl? Where did that come from?" Hyun Nam, who was still not too tipsy even after having almost 10 shots of vodka, asked Jeno who didn't stop smiling and now had his arm around Hyun Nam.

"And I am your guy. Aren't I?"

Hyun Nam had difficulty in deciding if Jeno was drunk or was he being genuine, but by the way, he wasn't leaning on her and how his eyes were still focused, she figured he was still sober.

"We just kissed two hours ago and now I'm your girl already?"

"Well, what are we then? The question still lingers on, Hyun Nam," Jeno asked.

"Hmm..."

"If you're not gonna pop in the question, I will, by the way," Jeno smiled.

"What question?"

Jeno let go of Hyun Nam to put his hand into a fist and cough as in preparing for a formal, important announcement.

"Can I be your boyfriend? Let's make it official," Jeno said, pulling down his mask so Hyun Nam could see how genuine he was being.

"Put it back on, people will see you," Hyun Nam hurriedly say and Jeno laughed, putting it back on.

"So?"

Hyun Nam placed her hand on her chin and let out a 'hmmm' to tease Jeno. But looking at his hopeful eyes, she couldn't dare tease her any longer or Jeno was going to start sulking right there and then.

"You think I'll say no? God, you kissed me already and I didn't run away," Hyun Nam smiled dearly at Jeno, cupping his face with her hands.

"Is that a yes?"

Hyun Nam pulled down her mask and pulled down Jeno for a split second to land a short peck on his cheek before closing their masks.

"Idiot. Of course, it's a yes," Hyun Nam said and leaned on Jeno while he put his arm around her. Jeno didn't exclaim in glee but Hyun Nam could feel the fast heartbeat in his chest and that was enough to see how happy he was feeling.

"Holy shit, literally. I hope the next guy won't smell it," Jaemin said, coming up behind them. But they didn't let go, they knew Jaemin wouldn't remember it anyway the next morning.

"Are we hugging? Aw come here," Jaemin said, leaning into a hug but the car came just in time so the two escaped Jaemin's grasp and hurried to the car. The car ride was filled with drunk Jaemin trying to hug the two sober people sitting in front of him until they arrived at the hotel.

"Jaemin, please. Keep yourself in check, we don't want paparazzi seeing you drunk," the manager said so Jaemin reluctantly stayed still as they went out of the car.

"I'll accompany you to your room," Jeno said and Hyun Nam nodded, but when they entered the hotel, Hyun Nam saw her three siblings waiting for her with worried faces. She felt guilty for forgetting to tell them that she was safe with Jeno and his friends already.

"You shouldn't be running away like that! We were so worried," Eunkyung pulled Hyun Nam into a hug. She saw Ilsung and Ji Hyeon already sober which brought her sudden memories of them drunk a couple of hours ago.

"Hi, Jeno. Thanks for bringing her back," Eunkyung gave a small smile to Jeno, but he wasn't looking at her. He didn't hear what Eunkyung said. Jeno was only paying attention to the man standing next to Eunkyung. His eyes, his cheekbones, his ear, his lips. Jeno double-checked everything from his face.

"Hyunshik?" Jeno said to the boy and Ilsung's mouth curved into a smile. His supposed-to-be dead best friend was alive and breathing standing in front of him.

-----------------------------------------------------

Author: If you enjoyed the chapter, don't forget to vote! Leave any comments/DMs for feedback, I would very much appreciate them. Thank you once again <3 Finally, they become gf and bf oml im crying!!