Chapter 30: love u til time stops

Two days after the deaths of Katherine Yamada and Hitoshi Shinso, a letter was given to Aizawa and Yamada through a policeman who said that it was found under Katherine's mattress. The two were quick to open it, desperate for a reason. A reason why she left them.

dear people,

i won't sit here and write things like how much i miss my voice or how awful i feel. this is my letter of apology and my way of saying thank you in the best way i can.

to dad and uncle aiza. i don't think i can explain how wonderful you made my life. despite how cruel the rest of the world was towards me, you, my family, continued to love me and i can't express how grateful i am. i also want to say i'm sorry. i'm sorry i chose such a cowardly way to leave. i was a coward and i will forever be a coward, but i don't think i will regret leaving.

papa, i haven't called you that since i was little, but i want to tell you not to cry. please don't cry for me. take what you've learned from raising me and spread your love to more people. you are so bright, papa. you are capable of giving your light to people like me, so don't give into your grief. i will always be your very first ponyo though, so don't forget me please. i guess I got mom's selfish tendencies.

and uncle aiza, you're a big softie. of course, only i will be able to tell you that, but please help papa. uncle, you're so strong, so i beg you, please help papa. he'll want to give up and follow me, but please ground him. i love you uncle and i'm sorry for putting such pressure on you. go have some fun and marry someone you love. dont carry guilt because i know you love giving yourself the blame. this is my decision and i wish you can understand.

to lina. you treated me with much kindness. it was truly the best part of my life, spending time with you. you deserve the world and im so sorry i've left you with only this letter, but i feel that if i let you see me as i am now, you may cry and you look ugly when you cry. find a nice person to settle down with or just stay the same wonderful, sunny heroine you've always been, i will love you all the same. i want to leave all of my belongings in your name. i trust that you wont blast music too loud or get too immersed in a good book. go color the world with your unique light.

to the classmates that still give me nightmares. i wish you happiness. i want to believe that the things you said about me were due to human nature, but in my heart, i can't find forgiveness. i do hope you've grown to be fine heroes. everyone of you guys were so talented and capable.

you may not believe it, but i found my person. he's wonderful and soft, like the sun warming me after being inside the cool house on a summer day, sending little goosebumps up my arms. simply put, he's so lovely, and when i'm with him, i am human. when i'm with him the mess in my mind turns to peace. we haven't spoken in years, but he still loves me. and papa, uncle aiza, i love him, too. Shinso is home.

the guards might figure out i'm not drawing, so i have to end this letter. papa, uncle, and lina, please know that no matter what you do or who you become, i will love you until time stops and the sun freezes over.

-katherine yamada

And just like that, Katherine Yamada was gone.

~~~~
i hope you cried a little...

i swear i'm not a sadist

(most of the time)

heh

also! check out my a/n after this chapter! i wanna thank y'all with my horrible vocabulary lmfaooo.

sending good vibes,
cath :)