Chapter 20: lavender and the ocean

hi guys ik y'all missed me. im just gonna say this: thank u for 194 reads im currently crying dOnT juDge mE *SNIFFLE*

Enjoy~

~~~~

3rd person pov(i know i know ive been writing in this pov a lot iM soRrY):

The fallen angel limped down the length of the tunnel-like hallway with her tiara barely hanging in her limp hands. Using her wings as a barrier from her and the rest of the world, all she could think about was the huge mistake she had just made.

"Damn it, Katherine! How could you do that? That was the stupidest thing you've done in your entire sixteen years of life! I cannot believe-" She muttered to herself until she was interrupted by the squeaking of shoes coming from the other end of the hallway.

She was startled, so she put her wings even closer around her body like a cocoon. She peaked out her wings to see four boys running towards her and one was carrying Recovery Girl.

"KATHERINE, ARE YOU OKAY?! YOU DID REALLY WELL OUT THERE AND I'M PROUD OF YOU!" the green haired boy exclaimed before seeing her in her cocoon and frowned a little.

Aizawa then spoke, "Katherine, your dad insisted on bringing Recovery Girl here, so I had to carry her. And we met your friends along the way."

The girl nodded and looked up her father. Her heart shattered.

Present Mic's blonde hair was a complete mess, his eyes were puffy from tears, and the usual light that he possessed was gone. He looked empty and this made Katherine's heart break.

He looked down at her with tears in his eyes and his voice breaking, "Ponyo, please don't scare me like that ever again... I can't watch someone hurt you like that again..."

Watching her dad, who had shown her more love than she could even begin to understand, break down and become a sobbing mess, tears began flowing out of her eyes, too.

"Dad..."

He rushed forward and wrapped his child in his warm embrace. He gently stroked her messy hair and sighed in relief that his daughter, his only family was safe.

Aizawa who was usually stone faced saw this exchange and felt tears forming in his eyes. Katherine saw this and extended her wing, inviting him to join the hug session. Reluctantly, he came forward and joined their hug.

To Katherine, there was no place safer than right there, in the arms of her family.

Of course, Shinso had to ruin the moment.

"Uh, I'm sorry to ruin the happy family moment you guys were having, but Katherine is seriously injured and-" he watched her pass out into her dad's arms, "There she goes."

Aizawa and Present Mic had to go back to the commentary box to watch explosion boy and emo bird boy fight, so Shinso took her to the clinic instead because Izuku wanted to watch the fight as well.

<timeskip fufu>

When Katherine woke again, she found herself laying in a cot in Recovery Girl's clinic and saw that Shinso was glaring at the door as if he was daring anyone to barge in. He noticed her sit up and walked over from his stool in the corner to sit next her in her cot.

"How are you feeling?" he asked while inspecting her face for any emotion.

She smiled, "I'm pumped for my next fight."

Shinso stared at her for a bit, making the girl squirm under his intense gaze, "Do you want to talk about what happened or are we going to ignore it for now?"