Chapter 7: quirk assessments

heyo author chan coming in with another chapter of sinking ohohoho~

ew i hate myself. anyways enjoy~

~~~~

After everyone left for the field, I gave Uncle Aiza a 'you better explain this later or else im gonna steal your cat' look and he grunted in response.

What a stubborn man.

It was too late when I realized that the gym uniforms wouldn't allow me to use my quirk at all, but there wasn't anything I could do about it. 

It's better this way.

I stood at the back of the crowd and right behind Todoroki. A sad smile made its way onto my face as I stared at the back of his head. I couldn't help but wish he remembered me. Everything about him and Japan is new to me, it honestly scared me a little.

I spent so long in my thoughts that I only snapped out of it because I heard someone scream "DIE"

"Holy shit, that scared the life out of me." I was so startled that I tilted backwards and lost my balance.

I closed my eyes and prepared to fall on the ground, screaming. Then I realized someone was holding me. I stopped screaming and opened my eyes to find a guy with spiky, red hair holding me from falling with a amused look on his face, "Heh, sorry..."

He helped me up and said, "I've got no problem saving damsels in distress. It's the respectful thing to do."

My already red face turned into an even brighter shade when I saw that the entire class was looking at me funny and Unlce Aiza was holding in a laugh. I shot him a glare and mumbled a "sorry" and looked at my feet.

"My name is Eijiro Kirishima, nice to meet you."

"O-oh my name is Katherine," I gave him a small smile, "What are we doing?"

"Oh we're doing a quirk assessment and the person who's in last place is suspended. It's scary and I'm kind of worried."

"I bet you'll do fine and good luck!" I smiled and waved as I walked over to Uraraka-san to wait for the first test.

<time skip brought to you by izuku's fluffy hair>

I was excited to show Uncle Aiza how much I've grown since he trained me so long ago.

The first test was the fifty meter dash and I was pumped. I started stretching my body, so I don't pull a muscle later.

I turned to see who was running at the moment, but I smacked someone in the face  on accident with my outstretched arms.

"Oops... sorry!"

The person turned out to be Uncle Aiza. 

The other students froze in fear as he rubbed the red mark forming on his left cheek.

"Katherine."

"I KNOW I SAID I'M SORRY!"

"Katherine Yamada." 

That shut me up.

He never says my full name. Never.

"Katherine, what did I tell you about not stretching without looking around you. You do this every single time we're watching tv in the living room. You stretch your arms for NO REASON. And you knocked my favorite lamp out of my window yesterday because of this."

"My muscles get stiff easily... and I said I was sorry about your lamp."

"That was the lamp that you chose for me when you were little."

"Yeah I know..."

"Katherine. Do it again and I will take away computer privileges for a month."

"A WHOLE MONTH UNCLE AIZA I SAID I WAS SORRY PLEASE DON'T TAKE AWAY MY LIFELINE. MINECRAFT KEEPS ME ALIVE PLEASE DON'T DO THIS TO ME."

"You've left me no choice. Now be quiet and run your race."

"Okay..."

I turned back around to see everyone staring at me and I quickly walked to the track. I saw that I was racing with a guy with tape dispensers for elbows.

"Hey you might want to step back." I warned with a small smile. He looked confused, but stepped further away from me anyways.

"3...2...1...GO!"

I kicked off the ground and sprinted as fast as my legs would carry me. The feeling of wind on my face and the hair in my ponytail dancing in the wind gave me a sense of joy that nothing else can give me.

"Eight seconds!"

I did a little happy dance and high fived Uraraka-san.

The second test was the grip test and that was one that I wasn't too confident in, so I just had to wing it.

Winging it didn't go so well for me because I only got forty five kilograms while someone else got five hundred and forty kilograms.

FIVE HUNDRED AND FORTY.

The third test was standing long jump where I just did pretty well in. Minus the fact that some people just flew to the end. I rolled my eyes, show offs.

The fourth test was repeated side steps and I was pretty much toasted in that test. 

The fifth test was the ball throw and I had an idea.

"Katherine, it's your turn and wipe that creepy smile off your face."

"Uraraka-san, I'm hurt~" I whined and sent her a wink to which she laughed at.

I walked into the box with the ball. I took a deep breath and winked at Pomeranian boy

His glared and was about to scream something when I drew in a long, deep breath.

I took a stance, closed my eyes, and threw the ball.

It sailed beautifully through the mildly breezy air.

"Four hundred and fifty meters," Uncle Aiza droned bored.

I frowned, "What?"

He nodded, "Four hundred and fifty meters."

"No way..." I sighed, upset, "I can do better. Can I go again?"

He shook his head.

I glared at him.

He glared back at me.

I huffed and walked back to my spot in the crowd of students.

Todoroki's pov:

I watched as the girl with superhuman strength took her place among the rest of our shocked classmates.

I nodded in respect when she passed me while everyone else looked shocked. I have no clue why they're so surprised. She was sent to a hero school for half of her life. Of course she'd be on a different level than us.

"Katherine Yamada... who are you?" I whispered softly. She claimed to know me, but I had no idea who she was.

Only time will tell.

~~~~

Hi guys! sorry if the tests were really short but im kinda lazy and i need to walk my dog. well have a great week and ill upload a chapter sometime this week hopefully. as long as school isnt gonna take up all my time again.

Love,

Cath