Chapter 14: the obstacle course

cath is here writing like the good person she is during study hall :D

Enjoy~

~~~~

The day I went back to school was probably one of the worst days of my entire life. 

I could feel everyone staring at me from a mile away and I couldn't even blame them. 

I'm the girl that went crazy and beat the absolute shit out of a villain but never managed to catch him. 

I'm the girl who hurt people without a second thought.

I'm also the girl who had a weird quirk no one knew about.

I'm an outcast.

Even Uraraka-san wouldn't talk to me either out of fear or pity or maybe even both. 

Everyone was told to keep their mouths shut about what happened with me. No one talked to me the entire day and it took everything I had to keep myself from falling apart, but Lina's words repeated in my head constantly and drove me to stay and work for their respect.

The U.A sports festival was the perfect chance.

~~~~

I spent the days leading to the festival training and investigating what exactly had happened to me when I went berserk. Some of my classmates stated that I had healed someone and suddenly gained inhuman strength which isn't a part of my quirk that I knew of.

With Uncle Aiza and principal Nezu's help, I managed to find an idea of what it could be. In greek mythology, Sirens were goddesses who were said to lure sailors to sea. My quirk was based off of and could be compared to the powers of a Siren. 

There is a chance, even though it is small, that along with the ability to transform my legs into a tail and summon the wings of an angel, or maybe even a goddess who knows, control people with the power of my voice, I could also have a certain time period when I can gain the power of a goddess. 

This struck me as completely stupid at first, then I did some more research and found that this could actually be an answer.

After sparring with as many different U.A teachers as I possibly could using my awesome powers of persuasion *cough* offered to sing at the festival *cough* and continued to train as hard as possible. 

My quirk isn't very physical, so I try to work out as much as possible to keep my body  in shape. I sparred with Uncle Aiza every morning until I felt confident in my chances of winning back my classmates who aren't really speaking to me at the moment. I can do this.

~~~~

"Oh my gosh, I'm so nervous I can't do this what if I trip and fall like an idiot and everyone hates me even more. What if my voice cracks during the national anthem and everyone hears me? What if my dads fans hate me? What if I don't make it to the end and I end up losing? What am I going to dOoOoooOo?"

"Katherine, you're going to be fine. Just shut up and go to your waiting room," Uncle Aiza said in his usual monotone voice, "You've worked hard."

I teared up a little bit, "Uncle Aiza, that's the nicest thing you've said to me in a long time."

"Just go before your dad gets here and never lets you leave."

After hearing that sprinted down from the commentator's box and made my way to the 1-A waiting room. I swung open the door because I was in a rush and ended up hitting someone in the face.

"Oh wow, I'm so so sorry for hitting you with the door! I was in a rush and-"

"Whatever."

I was left gaping as Iida walked away to take a seat at a table in the average sized waiting room. I heard a few snickers from my classmates and sulked all the way to the back of the room where I hunched my back in an attempt to hide myself from everyone.