Chapter 15: cavalry race

ahahah my farmers tan got even worse and i got a sunburn bc i spent 3 hours fishing. ive determined that the ocean hates me because in 3 hours, i got 1 fish. it was really ugly and it was a baby, so we let it go :(

Enjoy~

~~~~

Katherine's pov:

When Midnight stood confidently stood on the stand and the second stage's game was announced to be a cavalry race with teams of four, I knew I was screwed. Everyone in my class hated me and the kids from other classes have noticed the distance between me and my classmates.

"Hey you, bionic super human?" a male voice called out and I knew that he was talking to me because, I mean, there aren't many people who can place top four without using their quirk once.

I looked to see who had shouted at me and saw a boy with purple hair walking in my direction, "I have a name, but yes, how can I help you?"

"Do you want to join my team?"

"Why?" I asked, skeptical of this intent behind approaching me, the girl who stood alone with judgmental stares being shot at her from all angles.

"I'm inviting you to be on my team because us loners have to stick together, you know? Plus, as much as I hate most of the kids in 1-A and how much attention you could bring to our group, you're strong."

"Aw that was really nice of you, so I would love to be on your team...?" I trailed off, not knowing what to call this mysterious purple hair boy who had no fear of me or the darkness trailing my path.

"You can call me Shinso."

"I'm Katherine Yamada, but it's not like you haven't heard it before."

"Yeah, no. Katherine is too long. How about I just call you Angel, Angel?"

I froze.

No one knew of my quirk, so this must be a coincidence. I had to be.

"Sure thing, Shinso!" I smiled at him as we walked off to the rest of the group to discuss our plan. 

There, Shinso told me about his quirk and it almost made me compelled to tell him my own quirk despite my rule: never tell about my quirk.

His quirk reminded me of why my quirk was so dangerous. We were both blessed and cursed to be able to control the ever changing, ever fickle human mind. Again, a blessing and a curse.

Some believe this ability I was born with to be dangerous, that I should be locked away, hidden from society.

People, like Uncle and Dad, choose to train and build powerful beings such as myself into heroes capable of protecting those weaker than ourselves.

The plan was that we would lay low and steal as many lower pointers and then move to the big ones in the end, but people would be coming for my headband. We decided that Shinso would control everyone with his quirk and we would just lay back and let things happen. Of course this didn't sit very well with me but majority rules.

The timer ended indicating the start of the games, so we got into position: Ojiro-san and Aoyama-san being at the back bottom, me at the front, and Shinso being carried on the top.

And knowing my luck, that's when the game started.

"Okay guys, are you ready?" Shinso asked in order to use his quirk.

"YES!"

Then Shinso took over.

All the teams went crazy and ran around trying to attack each other and gain more points. Our team simply laid back and silently gathered points from unsuspecting teams. There were occasional times when teams would come for out points as well, but Shinso easily took care of them.