Chapter 17: Iida the rocket

*distant screeching* thank you for 3 votes im so happy🥺

Enjoy~

~~~~

third person pov(let's switch things up y'all):

There was a second of clarity that Katherine felt when she walked into the sunlight gracing the crowded stadium. A moment when the cheers and screaming went silent. A moment when her own thoughts disappeared. A moment when the glares of her peers softened into nothingness. The single, clear moment was when Katherine felt as if she was reborn. 

The fire within her was blazing and it was visible in her strong gaze upon her opponent. She breathed in and held onto this moment. Then she felt a small smile playing on her lips. 

Finally, she was ready to embrace herself.

"After that terrifyingly awesome fight between Izuku Midoriya and Shoot Todoroki, we have another edgy battle today!"

"Tenya Iida versus," Katherine's opponent for her second round waved with a polite smile on his face.

"MY DAUGHTER KATHERINE YAMADA!!!" Katherine allowed her genuine smile find its place, comfortably on her brightened face.

Then she did something she hadn't even thought of doing since coming to japan: she summoned her wings.

Pure, white wings spread to their full, long length at Katherine's sides causing the crowd to gasp in awe of this new occurrence. They seemed to have a mind of their own as they began flapping around, almost as if they were celebrating.

The audience screamed in response to her beautiful greeting and began cheering harder.

"KICK HIS ASS, WREN!"

"YOU'RE SO COOL~"

"YOU CAN DO THIS, KATHERINE!"

The girl's smile grew as she waved to the adoring crowd. Unknown to her, her opponent was starting to be irritated at her and the crowd's behavior, "Can we please begin the match?"

Midnight, the referee, nodded, "Ready..."

Iida stretched his legs.

"Set..."

Katherine cracked her knuckles and smirked as she realized how annoyed Iida seemed to be.

"...GO!"

The crowd was cheering, but neither fighters moved a muscle. They eyed each other carefully trying to figure out their next move. Then Iida made the mistake of twitching his left foot to the right indicating his planned route.

Katherine took this sign and kicked off the ground and flew at Iida at full speed at his left. When Iida began moving to the right, just as planned, Katherine stuck her foot out and managed to trip him before the engines in his legs powered up enough to gain speed.

He grunted as he caught himself before hitting the ground and quickly moved out of the way as Katherine foot narrowly missed his side. They went into a flurry of hand-to-hand combat both of them matching the other's pace perfectly.

After dodging a punch, she thought she had an opening, so she went for it. Wrong move.

Unknown to her, Iida had to yet to move his left leg and was secretly charging it for a powerful kick to the stomach. When Iida's leg hit Katherine's side, she didn't feel anything for a moment and then the pain hit as she flew to the other side of the rectangle.

She groaned as she threw up what she had for breakfast: a croissant. 

She wiped her mouth while breathing heavily, trying to regain focus. Then she flew up into the air in an attempt to get away from Iida who was seconds away from landing yet another painful blow.