Chapter 26: how to catch a snake

this meme is everything i need. it is the thing i'm living for from now on. a true masterpiece.

[rly unedited im sorry i'll pray for u 0_o]

~~~~

I spent the rest of my internship in the hospital and can I just say that the smell is something you never get used to. Personally, I live with two men who both aren't the best at keeping things nice and tidy at home, so being in a hospital where everything is clean is kind of... weird? strange? no?

On my second day there, I found out about what had happened to Izuku, Todoroki, and Iida. I also heard that they were in the same hospital as me, so me being the amazing person I am, I went searching for them.

Worst idea I've ever thought of in my life.

First, I ran into a bunch of people who hate my guts which was a wonderful experience indeed. I was truly enlightened by their words of wisdom.

Then, I accidentally walked in on a nurse and a doctor doing some... questionable activities in a storage closet. I had no idea that people can moan that high. She kind of sounded like a bird.

After other awkward encounters, I finally found their room. I opened the door and the first thing I heard was "TODOROKI-KUN THAT'S NOT HOW YOU PLAY UNO!"

When I say I was beyond confused at what I saw that day, I swear on my life, I'm not lying because Iida-san was looking at his cards as if we was about to fucking destroy the world, Todoroki-san seemed pissed enough that the objects around his were starting to freeze, and Midoriya-kun, poor baby, was just sitting there too horrified to speak.

They heard the door open and looked up to see me in my hospital gown and huge boot on my foot.

I smiled nervously and waved, "hEy guYs..."

Midoriya-kun waved back with a sweet smile, "Hi Katherine! What are you doing here? How are you?"

Todoroki-san looked confused, "Midoriya, why did you ask her even though you saw what was on the news about her being-"

Midoriya-kun slapped Todoroki-san's mouth and awkwardly grinned at me, "We heard what happened... Katherine, are you okay?"

I smiled and awkwardly flapped my hand(idk ok let me be with my awkward hand flapping smh), gesturing to brush it off, "It's fine.. say, can I play uno with you guys?"

They all nodded awkwardly and Midoriya-kun made room for me on his cot. I sat down and that's how I spent my first day in the hospital: gossiping and playing uno with the boys(😎💯🥶)

~~~~

Based on how our conversations were going, I think that the boys and I got a lot closer after a couple hours of toxic uno playing.

"Wait so, you saved that hero, but now he wants to cancel you?" Iida-kun asked after putting down a red seven.

I glared at him and drew another card, "Yeah, it's stupid really. Are men's egos that fragile?"

Midoriya-kun out down a blue seven and replied, "Yeah, that guy must be like Kachan."

We burst out laughing as Todoroki-kun silently placed an blue four down. It was Iida-kun's turn to be pissed, "Who changed the color?"