Chapter 18: our lord and savior izuku

AHHHHHHHH 157 READS YOU GUYS ARE SPOILING ME STOPPPPP(pls don't stop🥺)
Thank you for the votes babes, so enjoy another chapter of your least favorite bnha ff~

~~~~

3rd person pov:

Our young protagonist sat in her assigned waiting room for the third time in the same day and patiently awaited her next fight as her purple haired friend once again watched her stretch.

In the clinic, Katherine took the time to explain to Shinso the details of her quirk after her pulled a white feather from her left wing. At first, he was a little shocked at how powerful her quirk was, but he only patted her head and said, "It's okay."

"Angel, stretching is good, but you're going a little overboard..."

Katherine looked up at Shinso looking confused, "What? I'm stretching like a normal person."

Shinso sighed and pointed at Katherine who was in a human pretzel position on the floor of the waiting room, "That's normal?"

"Yeah, you're just weird, Shinso," she chuckled, shaking her head at her friend's silliness.

He gave her a 'whatever floats your boat' look and said, "You have to fight one of the strongest people in our year, and you're stretching instead of thinking of a plan?"

"Uh- who said I wasn't thinking, stupid."

"You weren't thinking of anything were you?"

"Nope!" Katherine said cheerfully, "But I have my tiara, God, and Anime on my side, so I should be able to wiNg iT-"

She burst out in laughter because of her own lame joke meanwhile Shinso just shook his head and sighed, "I'm leaving you if you don't start thinking of a plan now."

"Shinso, you would never be able to lea- WAIT WHERE ARE YOU GOING?"

"Leaving."

"WAIT I'M SORRY I'LL USE MY BRAIN COME BACK PLEASE I'M SO SORRY I NEED YOUR HELP-"

Shinso slapped his hand over his obnoxiously loud friend's mouth and hissed, "Angel, Shut up. You're so loud and for what?"

All he got was a muffled, "sorry" before he moved his hand.

She smiled at her friend and said, "Now let's get thinking."

<15 minutes of thinking later>

The two friends sat in Katherine's waiting room with furrowed eyebrows staring at the scribbles on the piece of paper in front of them. Katherine looked like she was about to cry, and Shinso actually had emotions on his face.

The tears welling up in Katherine's eyes threatened to fall and she looked at her friend, hopeful that he had a plan, but she only got a head shake and a frown.

"There's no way I can beat him, Shinso," she sniffled, "His quirk is too well developed and my quirks are nothing as long as I want to keep my voice control a secret."

Shinso's eyes brightened, "What if it wasn't a secret?"

Katherine's eyes shined for a moment then she faltered, "You understand that once people realize the nature of my quirk, they'll make me, my dad, and everyone else I'm close to feel like shit, right?"

"Yeah I know, but this might be your only chance."

Silence followed Shinso's painfully true statement.

"I'm going to go get something from the vending machine," Katherine said as she stood up from her seat. Shinso mumbled an "Okay" followed by the door slamming shut.