Chapter 23: wake up calls and fake smiles

pls wear your masks and stay inside if you can! extra long chapter today (2800+ words) :P

Enjoy~

~~~~

3rd person pov:

The sunlight filtered into the dark bedroom where Katherine laid sleeping peacefully. The light caused her to stir in her sleep, but she remained under the safety of her mountain of blankets.

Footsteps could be heard from the hallway. They grew closer and closer until the door of her room was slammed wide open revealing a smiling Present Mic and an excited Lina.

"PONYO WAKE UPPPPPPP!"

"BABE, WAKE UP SO WE CAN GO SIGHTSEEING!"

All the two got was a lazy groan, but this encouraged them more.

Lina quietly tiptoed to the bed and swiftly pushed the mass of blankets off the bed along with our extremely pissed protagonist. As soon as she hit the floor, Katherine removed herself from the mess of blankets and glared up at Lina and her dad.

"What time is it?"

The two annoyances looked at each other and back at Katherine and said, "It's eight in the morning, so we thought we'd wake you up and-"

Their eyes widened in fear and Katherine slowly rose to her full, menacing height.

"P-Ponyo, why are y-you reaching for your back scratcher?"

She glared up at him.

"B-Babe, that's a dangerous weapon i-in your tiny hands, so let's p-put it back down."

"Can you remind me what time it is?"

They gulped in unison, "Eight in the mor-"

"And why did you think it was a good idea to wake me up so early in the morning?"

"W-Well, Lina wanted you to take her sightseeing and to visit your school becau-"

A knock was heard at the entrance of Katherine's room. The three idiots looked to see a grumpy Aizawa in his bright yellow sleeping bag. They all froze in fear.

"Why is it so loud in this house while I'm sleeping?"

Silence filled the tense air. No one was brave enough to speak except for the equally pissed Katherine.

"They want me to wake up and take this brat," she points at Lina, "And go sightseeing and take her to visit U.A."

He sighed and rolled his half lidded eyes, "Why won't you?"

Her jaw dropped to the floor. Uncle Aiza always sided with her on arguments, so this was a first.

"W-Why should I?"

He glared at her, "Your best friend flew halfway across the world to see you, so you are taking her around town today and you're going to treat her like royalty."

"Uncle Aiza?"

"What do you want?"

"...Are you high?"

Deadly silence filled the room as Aizawa took a menacing step towards Katherine. The three idiots stumbled backwards.

"Do you think that I'm being nice because I'm high?"

Shivers ran down Katherine's spine, "I'll take her..."

He patted her head, "Good for you. Now, if anyone needs me, I'll be sleeping in my room and if one of you even whispers loud enough for me to hear you, someone will lose a limb."